What's new

WAN disconnect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lfbb

Regular Contributor
Nov 7 05:35:26 pppd[501]: No response to 10 echo-requests
Nov 7 05:35:26 pppd[501]: Serial link appears to be disconnected.
Nov 7 05:35:26 pppd[501]: Connect time 227.2 minutes.
Nov 7 05:35:26 pppd[501]: Sent 4502228 bytes, received 12818830 bytes.
Nov 7 05:35:26 dnsmasq[526]: read /etc/hosts - 3 addresses
Nov 7 05:35:26 dnsmasq-dhcp[526]: read /etc/ethers - 3 addresses
Nov 7 05:35:26 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver 192.168.1.254#53
Nov 7 05:35:26 dnsmasq[526]: using nameserver 192.168.1.254#53
Nov 7 05:35:26 WAN Connection: Fail to connect with some issues.
Here is my network:

redev.jpg

I have IPTV over an optical fiber connection. Just wondering if the disconnect has something to do with it? What can you tell me just by watching the syslog?

Thanks

- lfbb

Hello lfbb, i also have that ONT but is only connected to ASUS router.

You use VLAN for login, right ?

I also do and i have those disconnects too. Somehow/somewhere there's a bug that the router doesn't detect that WAN link is down and doesn't renew the connection.

I have to restart the connection or router to be back online.

Some bug i hope someone fix. :)

I also do and i have those disconnects too. Somehow/somewhere there's a bug that the router doesn't detect that WAN link is down and doesn't renew the connection.

I have to use two routers because the Thomson (white one, ISP property) doesn't handle the Internet connection properly. If I download torrents or play MW3 in PS3 all the connections go down (Internet, IPTV, phone), I have to restart the router. That's why I bought the Asus router, it solved all my problems. I've disconnected Internet in the Thomson and plugged the WAN port of Asus to one of the Thomson's LAN ports.

- lfbb

EDIT: An explanation of what I did:

2. LAN to WAN – Connecting one of the Ethernet ports (LAN ports) of the main router to the Internet port (WAN port) of the secondary router.

This type of cascading requires the main router and the secondary router to have different IP addresses. This connection makes it easier to identify which router the computers and other devices in the network are connected to since they will have different LAN IP segments. However, computers that are connected to the main router will not be able to communicate with the secondary router, and vice versa since there are two (2) different networks.

NOTE: Before you connect a Linksys router to another router, make sure that both routers have different IP addresses. This is necessary to avoid conflict and connectivity issues in the local network if they have similar IP addresses. In this case, you need to change the IP address of the secondary router. For instructions on how to change the router’s LAN IP address, click here.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=94&vw=1&articleid=3733

Last edited:

Is there something i can try to solve my problem ?

I'm at work and noticed my home connection is down ( guess my home ISP changed IP and the router hasn't noticed it )

Someone ?

Thank you

Edit: Some more info:

I can ping the router (I have that option OFF, i'm sure) but cannot access home server as usual.

Last edited:
Problem solved:

I was using DNS's 62.69.62.6 & .7 here in my work and they are taking ages to update. So i guess i was pinging the nest client that got my old IP ?

Using ISP DNS and everything is ok now. ;)