What's new

WAN Incoming IPv6 not routed to router neighbours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vlastikcz

New Around Here
Hello,
I have Asus RT-AC66U B1 with configured 6in4 tunnel, assigned /64 and enabled Router Adverisement. Both firewalls (v4 and v6) currently disabled.

Communication to IPv6 addresses from LAN works perfectly. LAN clients receive IPv6 addresses.

But I'm also running a server application on one of the IPv6 clients. From LAN, I can connect to the IPv6 server w/o any issues.

Hovewer when I try to connect from WAN, the packed ends on the router and loops forever. Looks like the router does not know about it's own subnet and IPv6 client. If I connect to the router console and try to ping to the destination from it, the connection from WAN magically starts working for a while (it probably discovers this neibourgh in this way).

I know some concepts of ND, RA, etc., but I'm not sure what's happening here and how to fix that on my Asus (other than running ping forever to keep the routing active).

Please, could someone direct me to the right direction?

Thank you.

Last edited:
For future reference: It seems to be fixed by setting WAN IPv6 Prefix Length to /128, while keeping /64 as the LAN Prefix Length. I had both as /64 previously.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!