What's new

Want to use Merlin again, aimesh wireless backhaul is always been unstable for me

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bhoot®

Occasional Visitor
Hey. Will start by writing, I don't need convincing benefits of Merlin firmware or how grateful I am to Merlin for the work he does. Merlin...manhugs.

Setup. AXE16000 + 3x XT12 AiMesh wireless backhaul. Latest official firmware. Dual WAN. 1x10Gbps + 2.5Gbps used for WAN. 1x10Gbps.

Can people with Merlin firmware and multiple aimesh wireless nodes post up your experiences. I am always keen to use the lastest firmwares.
I really want the some of the features from Merlin but I also need a stable network once its all set.
Please include any specific aimesh tips as I might be missing a step.
Thank you in advanced.

Mesh working well and fine using 388 fw all with wifi backhaul

My advice is this:
0. start with clean/manual install on everything
1. merlin on router
2. stock on nodes
3. minimise changing from default wifi settings

you have to do the initial setup/pairing of nodes connected wired. then move them and they will work fine wireless

Hey. Will start by writing, I don't need convincing benefits of Merlin firmware or how grateful I am to Merlin for the work he does. Merlin...manhugs.

Setup. AXE16000 + 3x XT12 AiMesh wireless backhaul. Latest official firmware. Dual WAN. 1x10Gbps + 2.5Gbps used for WAN. 1x10Gbps.

Can people with Merlin firmware and multiple aimesh wireless nodes post up your experiences. I am always keen to use the lastest firmwares.
I really want the some of the features from Merlin but I also need a stable network once its all set.
Please include any specific aimesh tips as I might be missing a step.
Thank you in advanced.

The recommendation I've always seen is run merlin on the router and stock on the nodes (merlin buys you nothing on the nodes anyway). As mentioned below best to set up initially wired then switch to wireless backhaul (or keep it wired if you can, that will always be best).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!