What's new

Web History not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On my AC5300, the web history does show past web pages, but it doesn't show in chronological order like it used to, so I'm not sure if it's a firmware bug or something I did, but it started after changing from 380 to 384.

I've put these commands in the services-start script and Web History is working now, although entries are ordered by url instead of access time as other user reported. Well, that's better than nothing. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1635-02 via Tapatalk

You just posted right before me! :D:D

But I have the exact same problem. It seems to be a firmware bug most likely and hopefully can be ironed out soon!

That's exactly what happened when I upgraded. I had to revert back to 3.0.0.4.380_7627. I am having a real hard time getting ASUS to even understand the issue.

Just wanted to report in. On my AC56 the web history works fine and logs everything. But once there is over about a days worth of data the drop down menu stops working and the sorting is not right as others have mentioned. If I clear the data it works for a short time again. I don't really use it anyway so I just shut it off. I remember having the same problem with the 380 firmware though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could figure out how to get to a good support person at ASUS to have this firmware bug fixed. Its been three months now since I opened the case and nothing but back and forth emails regarding the issue. They keep calling the issue a "connection issue" instead of a problem with the sorting of Web History. They keep asking me to restore the router with the restoration utility. Now, today, they want me to ship the router in for repair. This is ridiculous.

Following this thread...
I noticed the problem as well on the AC87R. The latest update to firmware version 384.5 didn't fix it either. I even rest to factory default settings after the update and manually reconfigured everything. No change... It's definitely a bug that I hope gets fixed ASAP. I peek in on the traffic, from time-to-time to get an idea of what my teenage kids are doing on the net. I need it...

Following this thread...
I noticed the problem as well on the AC87R. The latest update to firmware version 384.5 didn't fix it either. I even rest to factory default settings after the update and manually reconfigured everything. No change... It's definitely a bug that I hope gets fixed ASAP. I peek in on the traffic, from time-to-time to get an idea of what my teenage kids are doing on the net. I need it...

I hope so as well. But at this point, I am not even convinced I still have a case open. I started this process in January. They closed that one without telling me. Then I opened another one.

After almost six months and after a month without hearing from ASUS support, I find that my case is again closed. When I re-open it again, they are again calling the behavior isolated and a hardware issue on my router despite the fact that I have reproduce the issue on three different routers. They want me to ship my router in for repair. It looks like ASUS is not going to fix the issue.

After almost six months and after a month without hearing from ASUS support, I find that my case is again closed. When I re-open it again, they are again calling the behavior isolated and a hardware issue on my router despite the fact that I have reproduce the issue on three different routers. They want me to ship my router in for repair. It looks like ASUS is not going to fix the issue.

Ask them if they would like confirmation from other users of the same issue? I bet we could get a ton of screenshots from people showing the same thing.

Same problem here with my AC86U. I’m on Merlin 384.5 and I did a factory reset via WPS method before and after flashing it. Hopefully this gets ironed out soon.

I didn't realise there was already a thread open on this issue as I've been having problems too. My thread is here if you want to take a look and I've provided some screenshots.

I tested the latest firmware just release a couple of days ago for the AC5300 and the firmware still has the issue. I again contacted ASUS support only to receive yet another answer that the problem is with my router and it needs to be shipped for repair. The claim is I had a bad chipset. I again reminded the support person that I have reproduced the issue on several AC5300's and that other customers in this thread are also having the issue even with different ASUS models. I am going to reply with the link to this thread as well as the thread mentioned by the earlier poster (even though I already sent them this link a few months back). If anyone wants to add any more information regarding the problems with the firmware, ASUS should be reviewing both threads.

Here is the response I am getting from ASUS Support:

Based on the issue that was explained and the steps taken, you will need to setup an RMA for your product to be serviced. It appears the unit may be having a hardware issue.

You can process an RMA by contacting our System Product Support: 1-888-678-3688 or use our Live Chathttps://secure.livechatinc.com/licence/1792571/open_chat.cgi (copy and paste the link in a new tab). You can also create an RMA online, the link is https://cms-am.asus.com/ecp/Rma.html.

I saw we all start a case with Asus support! Maybe they will realize it's a bigger problem.

I think itue RMA is every manufacturers default way to fix anything they don't understand. Probably knowing people don't want to be without the hardware you are then forced to leave them alone.

I have a Jabra headset which has multipoint. And when I got it and I connected to two devices it would eventually start having disconnect and reconnect fits. To me this is obviously a software problem. It worked fine with one device. Once I added a second it would have issues even if the second device was shut off. After a reset it worked fine again. They wanted to RMA my brand new headset and send me a refurb. Instead I waited and waited and I did a firmware update on it last week, working fine now. Luckily this was not a feature I needed, was just sort of nice.

This is very frustrating. I have this case since January. The first response I got was "If our engineers changed the behavior, I'm sure they had a good reason." Then the case was closed. I re-opened the case telling them that the feature is difficult to use after the change and the response was we will get back to you. Weeks went by and I did not hear anything. I contacted them again only to find the case again closed. I pushed and finally was able to get a support person to contact me by phone. This person assured me that he would escalate the problem to engineering and have the issue fixed. The person is very polite, but I do not believe the person understands me at all. At any rate, since then, about every two - three weeks, I will get an email that says you have bad hardware and please return it. They also say, that there is no other customers reporting the issue. When I get the email, I again get the person on the phone and remind them that I have reproduced the issue on three devices and also send them the links to this thread. They seem to forget these facts each time because I have sent them the links at least three times now. Then I am again told it will be escalated. I have been through this cycle five times now.

A problem will be indicated only if 1000 people a day report exactly the same, otherwise all callcenters are told to act like this!
It is a worldwide problem in all callcenters of all customer branches, not only asus ...

They will never understand anything as they have no knowlegde about what they doing!
Everyone can work in a callcenter (for minimal payment), after a day you learn nothing about the products but only how to talk to the callers (to say youre pissed off in friendly words).
All they have are FAQ, maybe some more than you will find but they wont understand them.

Last edited:
ASUS must have some affiliation with TomTom because they have exactly the same approach - just ignore your customers no matter what they complain about. Very tiresome.

I get the impression if they keep telling me to return the router for repair, knowing that I won't return it, that I will just go away.

I got the answer to contact my dealer, they wont give me an RMA.
My dealer is in china, posting would be very expensive an 3 months later I will get same or other router with same problem ...

Sorry if these posts are getting old. I just got off of the phone with ASUS Support again (they called me). They are insisting that I send the router in for repair. I pushed back again. This time they told me a manager would call me. It was apparent the person who called me didn't even know the full details of what I am trying to get fixed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!