What's new

Webinterface crashes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John, I was pretty sure there were no special characters.
But somehow you pointed me on the devices.
I ended up with disconnecting a HP MFP printer.
Now, for over 24 hours, no problems anymore.

So it seems I've located the issue, but still can't understand why a networkprinter can crash a router...
Great thinking to try and check the devices! Is that printer a true network printer (Ethernet/wireless connected) or is it connected via the USB port?

It is a true network printer. Connected by Ethernet.
MFP M177 HP.

I was having this problem and this thread helped point me towards a solution. First I tried taking my network printer off line, but that didn't help. Then I figured out the last thing I added was a new laptop so I took that off and it was better. I noticed it had been assigned the last IP in the DHCP pool and connected that to the fact that any page that showed the device list crashed. So I increased the size of the DHCP IP pool and it hasn't crashed since. So maybe some kind of access exceeding the array if you try to use all of the IPs in the range?

Thank you for your reply, Sean.
I still can reproduce this issue.

You made me look at the iprange.

DHCP range: 172.20.17.100 - 172.20.17.200.
But this printer has a fixed ip 172.20.17.12, given by the router.

I never had this issue at other plants, but will try to give this printer an ip in the DHCP range.

I will send an update.

The other thing I tried, but didn't seem to actually fix it was to change the name of the network printer to only include letters. Maybe that did actually fix it?

I also noticed if I went directly to certain pages that didn't load the device list those still worked.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!