What's new

weird wifi icon on RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Acquarius

New Around Here
Since some time I see that the wifi icon on the top right corner of the router config page has changed and looks a bit weird with flames or virus (see screenshot below); I do not understand the meaning of such icon; does anyone knows what it means ?

Thanks

screenshot wifi icon.png

It looks like two notification bell icons overlaid on each other and misplaced.

notification.png

Maybe do a shift-reload on your browser page and see if it goes away.

shirt-reload didn't get any effect; but if I understand correctly this is nothing to worry about.
Thank You!

I am not sure what the green alarm bell and what the green WiFi icons do mean in Asuswrt-Merlin (usually green means OK and hoovering your mouse pointer over it may gave a hint).
The alarm bell is shown over the WiFi icon, which looks like a browser display issue.
What if you open the GUI with another browser?

Thanks. the icon is the same also from Firefox, my browser being Safari (I'm on a Mac). But quite weird if I open from the phone browser which is also Safari the icon is a normal wifi icon..

So it is a visual GUI issue in combination with the browser in use, it is something for @RMerlin to look into as this is Asuswrt-Merlin.

In stock firmware the yellow exclamation sign at least tells you there is a new firmware version available for download, maybe it can tell you more.
Also in stock firmware the exclamation sign only shows (in yellow) if there is something that needs you attention (there is no green "all OK" sign).

I recall now the Yellow exclamation sign can also show if some insecure setting is found, you can click on the exclamation sign to see what it tries to tell you.

Assuming green color means "good" and if the router works as supposed to work (which is routing Internet traffic between the WAN side and Wireless or the LAN ports), I would say: if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Or wait for a reply of RMerlin as author or Asuswrt-Merlin.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!