What's new

What does the spectrum analyzer plot of a Wi-Fi 6 connection look like?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Was this using OFDMA? Because very few Wifi-6 devices currently do, which means devices are more or less running into an "hybrid" mode at the moment.

Was this using OFDMA? Because very few Wifi-6 devices currently do, which means devices are more or less running into an "hybrid" mode at the moment.
Yes OFDMA on the download see my wireshark decode here
YauVRhWc3RGU2DBF7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YauVRhWc3RGU2DBF7

Cool, so that means at least one other AP manufacturer out there has enabled OFDMA support.

Cool, so that means at least one other AP manufacturer out there has enabled OFDMA support.
Both EnGenius and Ruckus are using qualcomm and they have it enabled on the DL

Tim is enabled on the download for EWS377ap I checked with wireshark it is also only enabled on the download on the Ruckus R730.

Tim is enabled on the download for EWS377ap I checked with wireshark it is also only enabled on the download on the Ruckus R730.
Thanks. Download only makes sense since it uses the Qualcomm Hawkeye 1.0 chipset. Is OFDMA enabled on the EWS357?

Thanks. Download only makes sense since it uses the Qualcomm Hawkeye 1.0 chipset. Is OFDMA enabled on the EWS357?
Yes although overall performance is way better on the 4x4 EWS377AP / ECW230 we are having good luck with them at many customer sites.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!