What's new

what happen if the Aimesh node doesn't run DFS channel?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alex1236hk

Regular Contributor
Actually I got a new Japanese AX86u, and I am planning to take my old Chinese AC68u as a Aimesh node.
The problem is, the new Japanese units does supports DFS channel 100, while the old Chinese one does not.
Given both routers are running 386.4. What will the node do if I set my main router to channel 100?
Thanks guys

*Screenshot was taken on my old AC68U, my new Japanese AX86u does not have channel 149-165, cause such channels were banned to use in JP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 1.33.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 1.33.55 PM.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 148
You will not be able to create aimesh, one of requirements is all router must be from same region. This is according to Asus themselves, even if you somehow manage to create it, won't work properly.

You will not be able to create aimesh, one of requirements is all router must be from same region. This is according to Asus themselves, even if you somehow manage to create it, won't work properly.
That's weird, I just created the Aimesh system last night,
right now it is running fine for almost 12 hours.
Although the channel I am using right now is seems to be a bit congestion,
Thats why I am looking to switch to DFS channel.

Attachments

• aimesh.png
    aimesh.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 132
That's weird, I just created the Aimesh system last night,
right now it is running fine for almost 12 hours.
Although the channel I am using right now is seems to be a bit congestion,
Thats why I am looking to switch to DFS channel.
I was just going by Asus notes, but apparently it is possible. I wonder if asus changed something on their end.

already got the answer,
the node will stays at previous working normal channel,
in stead of following the main router to channel 100.

already got the answer,
the node will stays at previous working normal channel,
in stead of following the main router to channel 100.
So they have changed it, we'll make sense given that aimesh can be formed with any supporting router. Even if it doesn't support DFS.

So they have changed it, we'll make sense given that aimesh can be formed with any supporting router. Even if it doesn't support DFS.
I dont think it is the case. In order to form a working mesh network,
main router and mesh node should be on the same channel.
But whatever, I gave up on using DFS channel.
my router found radar signal right after a few minutes I switched to DFS. :rolleyes:
Should be a nearby weather radar.

Actually I got a new Japanese AX86u, and I am planning to take my old Chinese AC68u as a Aimesh node.
The problem is, the new Japanese units does supports DFS channel 100, while the old Chinese one does not.
Given both routers are running 386.4. What will the node do if I set my main router to channel 100?
Thanks guys

*Screenshot was taken on my old AC68U, my new Japanese AX86u does not have channel 149-165, cause such channels were banned to use in JP.

I’m trying a similar setup but can’t get aimesh to detect my old 68u at all
What settings did you use?
Thanks!!

Try setting the channel manually

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!