What's new

What is the BEST/FASTEST ASUS Router Available?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wilsonbh

Occasional Visitor
I have a AIMESH setup with the AC5300 as my base unit with two AC68U nodes. I have a large house (4000 sqft) and with this setup, I don't have any dead zones. I would like to upgrade to a faster base unit and eventually replace the nodes too so, I was thinking of getting an ASUS AXE16000 to replace my AC5300 and one or two ASUS AX88U nodes. This new setup should be faster and provide me with WiFi 6 capability. Does this sound reasonable to you experts out there? I'm not skilled in these matters. Advice is appreciated.

I have a AIMESH setup with the AC5300 as my base unit with two AC68U nodes. I have a large house (4000 sqft) and with this setup, I don't have any dead zones. I would like to upgrade to a faster base unit and eventually replace the nodes too so, I was thinking of getting an ASUS AXE16000 to replace my AC5300 and one or two ASUS AX88U nodes. This new setup should be faster and provide me with WiFi 6 capability. Does this sound reasonable to you experts out there? I'm not skilled in these matters. Advice is appreciated.

"Fast" is not always better.
The AX88U while a good router is an older design and may not be a good match with the AXE16000 (and will you really use the 6 GHz band?)
The new Asus "Pro" line of routers may be better for you. Tri-band router and nodes would be best if you use WIFI backhaul. With Ethernet backhaul a good dual band router/node combo would work well.

But, in the end it is your money and your frustration if you choose wrong. If I were to start over right now I would go with an AX86U Pro and run that for a while then add to it with another AX node.

How fast is your internet connection? Are you doing huge transfers on your LAN? Do your devices support AX (Wifi 6)? In other words, will you notice the difference? What problem are you trying to solve?

If your current network is operating well, within the hardware limits you have, don't buy anything today.

I expect WiFi 7 equipment to be available before the end of this year (and I'd guess closer to September of this year). Even if you don't buy that equipment, you'll get a much better price on the ones you're currently indicating today.

Patience. Unless there is something broken with your network today that needs fixing, asap.

Yes, things are moving fast. WiFi 6 is becoming obsolete fast.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!