What's new

What is the cost of 1gb plans in your country

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Interesting question!

I’m in Singapore and paying approximately USD30 for 1000/1000.
Wow very good price for a 1 gb speed, is there any data caping or not, as I have noticed that some countries the isp's do apply data caping!!

Wow very good price for a 1 gb speed, is there any data caping or not, as I have noticed that some countries the isp's do apply data caping!
No data caps, but you will get slowdown during the peak periods after working hours I think. 1000/1000 is the standard fiber broadband speed these days. Plans go as low as 25 bucks for 1Gb up and down. As mentioned in a previous thread, most of the ISPs now also offer 10Gbps symmetrical fiber broadband plans (some on a trial basis) due to a government-led push to upgrade from 1Gbps nationwide. Monthly subscription prices range from 45-60 bucks on a two-year lock-in plan.

Last edited:
No data caps, but you will get slowdown during the peak periods after working hours I think. 1000/1000 is the standard fiber broadband speed these days. Plans go as low as 25 bucks for 1Gb up and down. As mentioned in a previous thread, most of the ISPs now also offer 10Gbps symmetrical fiber broadband plans (some on a trial basis) due to a government-led push to upgrade from 1Gbps nationwide. Monthly subscription prices range from 45-60 bucks on a two-year lock-in plan.
Hmmmmm slowdown deuring peak periods of the day, this reminds me of "dsl" days and very steange to hear this with fiber obtics speeds.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm slowdown deuring peqk periods of the day, this reminds me of "dsl" days and very steange to hear this with fiber obtics speeds.
One of the downsides of Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON) I guess.
  • Compared to P2P systems, GPON technology is based on splitting and sharing the bandwidth amongst multiple users. This might become less than ideal in an increasingly bandwidth-intensive world where multi-gigabit networks are starting to become the norm.
That's why the authorities are making the nation-wide attempt to upgrade to 10 Gigabit-capable Symmetric Passive Optical Networks (10G-XGS-PON) in each home.

Compared to P2P systems, GPON technology is based on splitting and sharing the bandwidth amongst multiple users. This might become less than ideal in an increasingly bandwidth-intensive world where multi-gigabit networks are starting to become the norm.

Not as bad as it would sound - DOCSIS over cable is the same - the carrier has sized upstream to ensure that they can meet the service levels agreed in your contract with them.

Note that most providers on residential connection will have up to a given bandwidth - e.g. "we can provide up to 1Gbit service" - business connections on the other hand usually the bandwidth contracted is a hard lower limit...

Which is why many times a business connection for 1Gb is an order of magnitude higher cost than a residential connection...

Which is why many times a business connection for 1Gb is an order of magnitude higher cost than a residential connection...
FWIW, I recently signed up for Verizon FiOS "gigabit" business service in Pittsburgh, PA, USA, replacing a gigabit FiOS residential connection. With five static IPv4 IPs, the biz connection is $284/month including taxes, about 3x what I was paying for residential. I sprang for this mainly for the static addresses and removal of the you-can't-run-a-server TOS of the residential contract, but I think I do see the effect @sfx2000 mentions. The resi connection could do ethernet wire speed (~935Mbps per speedtest.net) both ways on good days, but it was frequently slower than that. The biz connection is only spec'd at 860Mbps, but it seems to reliably achieve that or a bit more in the download direction, while upload almost always pegs at 947Mbps. This isn't based on very many data points though, as I've only had the biz connection for a couple months.

(Sadly, I can only get such numbers with wired clients, as the wifi environment in my new place is pretty hostile. That's a matter for another thread though.)

For the US, this is a helpful link, and relevant to the discussion here... one can punch in a zip code (for example, 92011) and see what opttions and pricing are available..

Also some editorial comment on the state of affairs regarding broadband access here in the US, as there is a fair amount of red-lining with regards to investment by the carriers - neighborhoods with higher median incomes tend to have better access and pricing compared to others with lower income, and problematically also racial makeup can be a factor in pricing/access (hence the comment redlining)

For the US, this is a helpful link, and relevant to the discussion here... one can punch in a zip code (for example, 92011) and see what opttions and pricing are available..

Also some editorial comment on the state of affairs regarding broadband access here in the US, as there is a fair amount of red-lining with regards to investment by the carriers - neighborhoods with higher median incomes tend to have better access and pricing compared to others with lower income, and problematically also racial makeup can be a factor in pricing/access (hence the comment redlining)

Wow, this is very helpfull, Thank you so much

I'm in rural Wales (UK) and the fibre installation reached a point about 200m down the lane a year ago but has made no progress since.

I currently use a 4G modem (no 5G here in the sticks) with an unlimited data SIM from Three that costs about GBP19.50/m (actually GBP16 with a promotion). I get average speeds of 30Mbps down and 20Mbps up, which is just about adequate for my needs but a bit flaky sometimes. When my current contract ends, I plan to get a prepaid, preloaded 500GB/m data SIM, which will work out at GBP7-9/m depending on current offers, e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BDSH3V49/?tag=smallncom-21 . This will be cheap enough that I'll be able to keep it as a backup and jump on the fibre if/when it ever gets here.

Down south in the UK here, 950/200 for approximately 49USD a month. Rural FTTP Provider.

I'm in rural Wales (UK) and the fibre installation reached a point about 200m down the lane a year ago but has made no progress since.

I currently use a 4G modem (no 5G here in the sticks) with an unlimited data SIM from Three that costs about GBP19.50/m (actually GBP16 with a promotion). I get average speeds of 30Mbps down and 20Mbps up, which is just about adequate for my needs but a bit flaky sometimes. When my current contract ends, I plan to get a prepaid, preloaded 500GB/m data SIM, which will work out at GBP7-9/m depending on current offers, e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BDSH3V49/?tag=smallncom-21 . This will be cheap enough that I'll be able to keep it as a backup and jump on the fibre if/when it ever gets here.
Thank you for your reply. I remeber few years back in my country befor FTTP I used to use 4G and the 5G sim's and it was barely enough since I have a large family. At times I used a loadbalancer to merge 2 ISP's to get a stable Flow of net to the house. The 500gb/m looks good and hope you get fiber soon.

Since I worked with 4G and 5G for many years, may I suggest that you try to change the location of your router to a higher store if you live in a multi stories building, and or try nearby a window in a different location as you may get better speed.

Last edited:
In Holland 🇳🇱
I am now paying around 80 usd for 1000/75 cable (ziggo/vodafone) incl television

I am getting ftth from delta next year 2gb/2gb for 76 usd this is without the promotion discount for the first 6 months of 40 dollars

In Holland 🇳🇱
I am now paying around 80 usd for 1000/75 cable (ziggo/vodafone) incl television

I am getting ftth from delta next year 2gb/2gb for 76 usd this is without the promotion discount for the first 6 months of 40 dollars
The up coming FTTH is very good at that price

Belgium - cable 1000/40 - no cap about 100 Euro. Fiber is coming up strong though. Waiting for them to pass my street

I just did a bump from 300/30 over DOCSIS at $104 month...

To 500/50 @ $59USD a month...

still a cap at 1.25TB monthly

Apparently T-Mobile and 5G-FWA has had some effect on market pricing... as the 500/50 plan is very recent.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!