What's new

What moca adapters can be manually configured for frontier LAN settings (1025-1350/mhz) ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just randomly got a well reviewed MoCA POE but just wondering if this was OK and will work for my setup with FCA252"25GW" for WAN and with FCA252(LAN) and screenbeams as my LAN MoCAs?

Yeah, should be fine for your use case, just trying to reflect the MoCA LAN (1125-1675 MHz) signals. The MoCA WAN signals, @ 400-900MHz, will pass through the filter with minimal attenuation — assuming installation per the example diagram.

edit: p.s. That said, commenting more for reference or other readers … it’s not a MoCA filter I’d use in a cable Internet or OTA setup where the MoCA signals need to be fully blocked. For that purpose, I’d want a MoCA filter with 70 dB stop-band attenuation, rather than the 40+ dB of the linked filter.

Last edited:
Yeah, should be fine for your use case, just trying to reflect the MoCA LAN (1125-1675 MHz) signals. The MoCA WAN signals, @ 400-900MHz, will pass through the filter with minimal attenuation — assuming installation per the example diagram.

edit: p.s. That said, commenting more for reference or other readers … it’s not a MoCA filter I’d use in a cable Internet or OTA setup where the MoCA signals need to be fully blocked. For that purpose, I’d want a MoCA filter with 70 dB stop-band attenuation, rather than the 40+ dB of the linked filter.
I’m not totally sure the difference but would this be better for me?

I’m not totally sure the difference but would this be better for me?

This is the model I typically recommend where stopping MoCA signals is critical; it would certainly work for your setup, but, as mentioned, you’d be fine with the 40+ dB model, as well, if already in-hand. (Honestly, most similar fiber installs don’t even bother with the filter, as diagrammed; I just include it as the optimal configuration, to leverage the reflective benefit to improve the efficiency of the MOCA LAN.)

This is the model I typically recommend where stopping MoCA signals is critical; it would certainly work for your setup, but, as mentioned, you’d be fine with the 40+ dB model, as well, if already in-hand. (Honestly, most similar fiber installs don’t even bother with the filter, as diagrammed; I just include it as the optimal configuration, to leverage the reflective benefit to improve the efficiency of the MOCA LAN.)
Thanks for all your help! Got everything hooked up based on your diagram and all my Eeros are wired now via MoCA.

Couldn’t have done it without your help! Really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_2006.jpeg
    IMG_2006.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2005.jpeg
    IMG_2005.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Also, I just got a charge from frontier $150 for a tech visit. I explained my situation to frontier before I signed up to this forum for help and Was told a FREE tech visit would come to my home. If at any time what the scope of the job was not covered i would be told and then given a price for what it cost to do the work.

Frontier rep LIED. Now I have a $150 charge, but tech did nothing. He came out loomed at the area to install moca and said this is not what they do and I said OK. Now $150/for no work.

Be careful frontier reps know less than you do when you call in for help!!

He came out loomed at the area to install moca and said this is not what they do
Installing FCA252 adapters for WAN connections is literally what they do, kinda evident in the branding on the adapters. Either poor training on the part of Frontier or poor performance by the tech.

Speaking of which … whatever happened with the setup?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!