What's new

What’s the best build for AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neil0311

New AX88U will be delivered today. Reading reviews but only using the Asus firmware that seem to be pretty good, but have seen some forum comments on some issues with some Merlin builds. Some comments on the alpha build thread indicate no issues.

I have a mix of brand new Wifi 6 clients, AC 160 capable clients, AC clients, and legacy N/G clients.

Is the recommendation to use the latest Merlin stable build?

It's hard to recommend an Alpha build for others, but I do recommend the latest one (currently RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1-gd9c8b621c5_cferom_ubi.w) if you want to see what features are coming (for example; all the new web pages allowed for the amtm supported scripts). :)

Thisa was posted in another thread.... incase you havent seen this post yet

It's hard to recommend an Alpha build for others, but I do recommend the latest one (currently RT-AX88U_384.15_alpha1-gd9c8b621c5_cferom_ubi.w) if you want to see what features are coming (for example; all the new web pages allowed for the amtm supported scripts). :)

Thisa was posted in another thread.... incase you havent seen this post yet

Thanks. Did see your comment. Was also curious what the larger community thought who may not be reading the alpha thread.

I’m more concerned about stability than features. I took a chance on this router knowing the risks but also the performance potential. Want to understand what folks think about what build provides the stability to most.

Thanks. Did see your comment. Was also curious what the larger community thought who may not be reading the alpha thread.

I’m more concerned about stability than features. I took a chance on this router knowing the risks but also the performance potential. Want to understand what folks think about what build provides the stability to most.
Running both routers on 864.14. One of the two AX88U has not been rebooted since I installed the update on December 15. and it's completely stable. So I would definitely recommend this version over any older release.

I've been using 384.14 for some time on my plain AX88U. As stated in multiple posts Wifi signal was lower than pervious versions. Did upgrade to latest Alpha and I'll have to admit that Wifi is back to prvious strenth, 5Ghz seems to be even stronger than ever before. Running smooth on my production instance since more than 24 hours now with no indication of any severe issues

I would propose to use 384.13, which is rock solid and wait until 384.15 become regular release. I've decided to skip 384.14 forever.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!