What's new

When I enable pixelserv-tls I can't use AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

When I enable pixelserv-tls I can't use AiMesh. My nodes do not receive an IP Address. As soon as I turn off pixelserv-tls & adblocking in diversion my nodes receive IPs. I'm running the latest build of Merlin 386.1_2

When I enable pixelserv-tls I can't use AiMesh. My nodes do not receive an IP Address. As soon as I turn off pixelserv-tls & adblocking in diversion my nodes receive IPs. I'm running the latest build of Merlin 386.1_2
how big is your block file? how many domains are you trying to block? this is important because if you are trying to block too many domains, Aimesh will fail(along with all other dhcp dnsmasq functions). Alot of Domains+Pixelserv-TLS+AiMesh= One hella mess.

how big is your block file? how many domains are you trying to block? this is important because if you are trying to block too many domains, Aimesh will fail(along with all other dhcp dnsmasq functions). Alot of Domains+Pixelserv-TLS+AiMesh= One hella mess.
So i'm using two - Large is the main / minimal is the second

So I upgraded back to the latest firmware 386.1_2 I also disabled the alternative blacklist, & I set the blacklist blocklist to standard. I now notice on the latest firmware this seems to make my AImesh nodes work. I still think something is going on because on the previous firmware I had Large / Minimal selected, & didn't have any problem.

So this is continuing to happen. If I turn off pixelser-tls AiMesh almost immediately starts working. If I don't disable pixelser-tls my nodes never appear & they don't connect properly either.

So this is continuing to happen. If I turn off pixelser-tls AiMesh almost immediately starts working. If I don't disable pixelser-tls my nodes never appear & they don't connect properly either.
most users have opted not to use pixelserv-tls for these reasons and have switched to the 0.0.0.0 blocking. I think it has fallen out of popularity with some setups. I had a good run with it with AImesh, but like you pointed out DHCP failure occurs with Aimesh Nodes. This occured with me running over a million domains. I have not experienced this with running it on smaller list. I imagine Pixelserv-tls is just not keeping up with the advancements of everything else.

most users have opted not to use pixelserv-tls for these reasons and have switched to the 0.0.0.0 blocking. I think it has fallen out of popularity with some setups. I had a good run with it with AImesh, but like you pointed out DHCP failure occurs with Aimesh Nodes. This occured with me running over a million domains. I have not experienced this with running it on smaller list. I imagine Pixelserv-tls is just not keeping up with the advancements of everything else.
Whats the 0.0.0.0 blocking? Also yes I notice the same thing if I just leave everything as default (meaning standard block list, no alternative block list with additional pixelserv ip) It works correctly. Hopefully this gets addressed because I love Diversion. Can you use that with 0.0.0.0 blocking lol

FWIW, I'm not having this issue with an 86U and Medium list. Pixelserv still rocks for me, and even though what it serves up is mostly rejected, it is rejected instantly.

FWIW, I'm not having this issue with an 86U and Medium list. Pixelserv still rocks for me, and even though what it serves up is mostly rejected, it is rejected instantly.
On both my RT-AC3100 & RT-AC5300 I have the problem when I try them on the latest merlin firmware with Full blocklist & alternative list enabled minimal. I am going to try with Pixelserv disabled.