What's new

Which Merlin version for ASUS RT-AC1750U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CamiloDraye

New Around Here
Hello.

I purchased the RT-AC1750U router today and I wanted to install merlin on it - but can't find the right version. Which version of merlin will be appropriate?

I tried RT-AC68U, RT-AC66U, RT-N66U and nothing + also tried RT-AC86U and it started loading but an error occurred in the process.

I wanted to use the router as a 3G/4G modem via USB, but the original firmware doesn't have this option. I was hoping that option would appear after uploading the merlin

Thanks for any help!

https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RT-AC1750U/

BHello.

I purchased the RT-AC1750U router today and I wanted to install merlin on it - but can't find the right version. Which version of merlin will be appropriate?

I tried RT-AC68U, RT-AC66U, RT-N66U and nothing + also tried RT-AC86U and it started loading but an error occurred in the process.

I wanted to use the router as a 3G/4G modem via USB, but the original firmware doesn't have this option. I was hoping that option would appear after uploading the merlin

Thanks for any help!

https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RT-AC1750U/
Be carefull, others have attempted the incorrect firmware and bricked the device.

Look elsewhere on the case. It's usually on the black part of the label rather than the white box. It might have "MSQ" in it.

That is a Media Tek chipped router .

You should have researched which routers Merlin supports before purchasing anything.

Attempting to install firmware for the wrong device will turn your router into an expensive doorstop.

The confusing part is in Asus naming. In fact there are two AC1750 routers with Merlin support - RT-AC1750 (RT-AC66U) and RT-AC1750 B1 (RT-AC66U B1). This new RT-AC1750U is indeed MediaTek MT7621 based router, same as RT-AC65P. No Merlin support for this one.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!