What's new

Which parts of the code sending out our privacy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyzhang

Occasional Visitor
I used stock version ASUS firmware. But the recent update showing me a EULA form about collecting my private information by TrendMicro makes me concerned.

For sure, I'm pissed. I paid ASUS for a router. But I have to trade in my privacy for software feature. I want to give them a middle finger.

So here is my question: how can I find the source code that sending my privacy to TrendMicro.

I bet ASUS Merlin must disable it. I can spend time to do a diff between source code from stocked version and the one from Merlin. But if you guys have done that, it will save me time.

Thanks in advance.

I bet ASUS Merlin must disable it. I can spend time to do a diff between source code from stocked version and the one from Merlin. But if you guys have done that, it will save me time.
Merlin's firmware includes the same closed-source components that Asus' firmware has. There is no source code for them, they are binary blobs.

Can you pointed at me exactly where?
No (I don't know the firmware source code in that amount of detail), if you're that interested look for it yourself.
How do we know Merlin did not invoke them?
As has been pointed out previously in this thread - all of this has been discussed to death in these forums. There is no need to repeat it all again here. Search the forum for the previous discussions and read the hundreds of posts. If you don't trust Merlin's firmware don't use it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm still using ASUS stock version. I'm looking for an alternative.

I will look for it by myself. Just don't want to repeat it. But I beg most people here is not technical savvy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.