What's new

Which to buy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

YardDog

New Around Here
My goal is to transfer my DVD library to a NAS to stream wirelessly over my network. Main playback will be on PS3 and DirecTv recievers. There are three NAS that I'm looking at and would appreciate any help in choosing the best of the three.

I'm not too concerned with the backup functionality of them only there streaming speed.

Here are the three:
Western Digital - My Book World Edition 1TB Remote Access Storage System
NETGEAR - Home Media 1TB Network Storage System
Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 NAS server - 1 TB

I went in blind and bought the Netgear Stora thinking it would do the job, but I have found it is not fast enough. Video stops for about a second every 5 or 6 seconds. Gonna return it unless this is the best of the three.

I'm not sure if this is a NAS issue or wireless issue, but I have no problems streaming from my computer to the devices so I'm guessing NAS. I running wireless N btw.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Stora should be able to stream video without hiccup. I would double check your network. You may need to adjust the MTU setting in the Stora.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!