What's new

Diversion Whitelist entries still being blocked.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pioneerfreq

New Around Here
Greetings,

For some reason Diversion continues to block entries which are in the whitelist (lists have been processed and I have tried restarting Diversion). Please see attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• List.jpg
    List.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Log.jpg
    Log.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 155
Greetings,

For some reason Diversion continues to block entries which are in the whitelist (lists have been processed and I have tried restarting Diversion). Please see attached.

Thanks!
If you are running skynet you can try
Code:
firewall whitelist domain <domainName>
I believe these whitelists are linked so unblocking on division should do the same thing but it may be worth a shot.

Did some experimenting...
Copied entware\share\diversion\list\blockinglist locally
Opened in Notepad
Found the three entries had been appended to the very end of the file (seemed odd to me).
Deleted the three appended entries.
Copied blockinglist back to where I got it from
Did a Process All Lists from Diversion
This resolved the issue
Confirmed that blocking of other URLs is still working by following the log.

I suspect there may be a bug here...
What I had done initially when I was trying to make the broken site work was:
Add the three entries one by one to the whitelist until the site worked properly. (add entry, process list, test site, repeat)
Then, I removed the first one from the whitelist to see if it really needed to be on the whitelist or not.
This broke the site again so I added it back to the whitelist.
From that point on, even though that entry was in the whitelist, Diversion would still block it.

Curious to know if anyone else has experienced the same issue. (Add a whitelist entry, process list, remove same whitelist entry, process list, add same entry back to whitelist, process list, Diversion blocks entry despite it being on whitelist.)

Last edited:
I suspect there may be a bug here...
What I had done initially when I was trying to make the broken site work was:
Add the three entries one by one to the whitelist until the site worked properly. (add entry, process list, test site, repeat)
Then, I removed the first one from the whitelist to see if it really needed to be on the whitelist or not.
This broke the site again so I added it back to the whitelist.
From that point on, even though that entry was in the whitelist, Diversion would still block it.
This is indeed a bug, thanks for reporting.
When adding a domain to the whitelist to test, then removing it afterwards, the domain gets auto-re-added to the blockinglist, irrespective if the domain was ever found in the blockingfile or not. The domain gets added to the end of the file as you found.
Due to a mixture of formats in the blockinglist depending on the "domain per line" settings this entry can have at least three different formats.
Without elaborating on that fact, there is one case of that formatting that is not covered in the "el, process *list" code.
I'll get that fixed with the next Diversion update.

In the meantime simply run a manual update of the blockinglist with b, 4 after each change to be sure to only have the desired domains in the blockinglist for testing.
The blocking file updater is not affected by the el, process bug you've found.

In my current role, I'm part of a team that does Agile delivery of code into a Salesforce org so this felt like it might have been a test case that would be easy to miss. Nothing like a customer facing environment to flush out bugs. Happy to help.

Thanks for the guidance and for creating something that makes the internet a more enjoyable place. Donation sent.

In my current role, I'm part of a team that does Agile delivery of code into a Salesforce org so this felt like it might have been a test case that would be easy to miss. Nothing like a customer facing environment to flush out bugs. Happy to help.

Thanks for the guidance and for creating something that makes the internet a more enjoyable place. Donation sent.
I'm a single developer by choice but I certainly am grateful for users reporting inconsistencies and errors.