What's new

Diversion Whitelist slickdeals and ebates related domains in Diversion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RainGater96

Regular Contributor
When I click on the slickdeals deals, it times out while trying to open the deal sites. I tried to add one by one to the whitelist using "el" function, but it's a cumbersome process.

Any ideas how I can add a bunch of domains at one shot?

I found the following list from slickdeals but it looks like it's going to open everything: https://help.slickdeals.net/hc/en-u...-Certain-Links-Lead-to-a-Page-not-found-Page-

I tried to add few of the domains by directly editing the file, /jffs/addons/shared-whitelists/shared-Diversion-whitelist, but it gets reverted back to the original when I process the whitelist. Any ideas how I can add a bunch of domains at one stretch in diversion?

Btw, I am using the latest diversion: 4.1.12.

EDIT: I see that there is a Asuswrt-Merlin AddOns group and mods, please move it as I am not able to do it myself.

Last edited:
Never mind. I found how to do it and here is how if anyone is curious:

Edit the file /tmp/mnt/ASUS/entware/share/diversion/list/whitelist and add your entries here and process the whitelist in diversion. That's all.

Btw, ASUS is my USB drive name and replace it to suit yours.

Last edited:
Diversion installs into the Entware folder structure. For future reference, the path to the Diversion files is the same for all installations, irrespective of the devices name:
/opt/share/diversion
For the whitelist, this would be /opt/share/diversion/list/whitelist

Diversion installs into the Entware folder structure. For future reference, the path to the Diversion files is the same for all installations, irrespective of the devices name:
/opt/share/diversion
For the whitelist, this would be /opt/share/diversion/list/whitelist
Thank you. I see that it is a symlink to the USB mount point.

mnt -> tmp/mnt/
opt -> tmp/opt/

adr@RT-AC87R:/tmp/home/root# ll /opt/share/diversion/list/whitelist
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admrt root 179 Nov 14 11:16 /opt/share/diversion/list/whitelist

adr@RT-AC87R:/tmp/home/root# ll /tmp/mnt/ASUS/entware/share/diversion/list/whitelist
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admrt root 179 Nov 14 11:16 /tmp/mnt/ASUS/entware/share/diversion/list/whitelist

Looking at the long suggested slickdeals link posted above, if you're going to whitelist all those "usual suspects", you might as well not run an ad blocker.

Last edited:
Looking at the long suggested slickdeals link posted above, if you're going to whitelist all those "usual suspects", you might as well not run an ad blocker.
Like I said, that's an extensive list and did NOT open all of them. This is what I opened up for slickdeals and all my deal sites seems to play nice.

Your whitelist has these 11 entries:

1: ad.doubleclick.net
2: cj.dotomi.com
3: go.redirectingat.com
4: go.skimresources.com
5: jdoqocy.com
6: t.myvisualiq.net
7: www.dpbolvw.net
8: www.emjcd.com
9: www.jdoqocy.com
10: www.ojrq.net
11: www.tkqlhce.com