What's new

Wi-Fi calling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So it is only wireless devices having the issue? There is definitely more potential for problems there, for some reason thought we were talking wired having the issue too. But again it must be something related to certain configurations since it is not everyone having the issue. I'd check the release notes and see what changes were made between the version that works and the one that doesn't, maybe wireless driver got updated.

So it is only wireless devices having the issue? There is definitely more potential for problems there, for some reason thought we were talking wired having the issue too. But again it must be something related to certain configurations since it is not everyone having the issue. I'd check the release notes and see what changes were made between the version that works and the one that doesn't, maybe wireless driver got updated.
Correct. I never lose concat with anything connected directly to the switch. BTW, I have updated the prior post to include the three reports into post.

Correct. I never lose concat with anything connected directly to the switch. BTW, I have updated the prior post to include the three reports into post.

Unfortunately unless someone figures out the common denominator / magic combination that makes this issue appear, probably won't get fixed. Looks like several different models of routers, and yet people in this thread running the same router as you aren't having issues. I guess you just stick with the code that works, not sure the new ones are adding anything significant at this point.

Unfortunately unless someone figures out the common denominator / magic combination that makes this issue appear, probably won't get fixed. Looks like several different models of routers, and yet people in this thread running the same router as you aren't having issues. I guess you just stick with the code that works, not sure the new ones are adding anything significant at this point.
Understood. I made that decision a long time ago. It's been well over a year now. The only reason why this came up again is because I updated to the 386.10 release to test wifi calling for the person in this thread and while I was at it, I tested for wifi connectivity issue again as I do with every release. My only surprise is how many other people are surprised about the issue when its been discussed and reported by at least five other people.

Understood. I made that decision a long time ago. It's been well over a year now. The only reason why this came up again is because I updated to the 386.10 release to test wifi calling for the person in this thread and while I was at it, I tested for wifi connectivity issue again as I do with every release. My only surprise is how many other people are surprised about the issue when its been discussed and reported by at least five other people.

That's a relatively low percentage of the people on here with AC routers running code 386.4 and up. Maybe it is just people who do a lot of wifi to wifi traffic, I do enough but not a ton, maybe some memory or buffer leak in the wifi driver that only presents itself for heavier users.