What's new

Wifi calling and AIMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has this issue been fixed on 3.0.0.4.384_20942 for the RT-88U?

I am using the RT-88U as an aimesh router and a RT-86U as an aimesh node. Do I still need to disable NAT acceleration if I dont want wifi calls to drop?

[Typo]
No,please disabled NAT acceleration if you have wifi calls to drop issue, you can try it.

Last edited:
[Typo]
No,please disabled NAT acceleration if you have wifi calls to drop issue, you can try it.
With the release of new firmwares for both RT88u and RT86u, is this still an issue? There seems to be some aimesh updates, so im not sure if the issue has been resolved.

With the release of new firmwares for both RT88u and RT86u, is this still an issue? There seems to be some aimesh updates, so im not sure if the issue has been resolved.

Not yet, it's still under clarify... (RT-AC88U effected only)

I'm having this issue on my RT-AC68U and it is making AIMesh almost unusable in my household since our cell reception is dependent on Wi-Fi where I live. I have disabled the NAT acceleration but the consequences of doing this is now my GiG fiber connection is throttled down to 200MB. Any updates on this?

@arthurlien When you are going to fix the bug about VPN traffic bypass Adaptive QoS?

In Adaptive QoS you add 1MB in upload and download, if you use VPN is unlimited and the traffic is reverse, too is broken Traditional QoS...

Also read this thread:

Last edited:
It's been awhile since any activity on this thread. Can someone confirm that the latest firmware has fixed the drop call issue with AIMesh mode? Are there any special settings required in order facilitate the fix? I see from @arthurlien response that NAT acceleration doesn't need to be turned off, which is a huge improvement. Thanks for your insights.

It's been awhile since any activity on this thread. Can someone confirm that the latest firmware has fixed the drop call issue with AIMesh mode? Are there any special settings required in order facilitate the fix? I see from @arthurlien response that NAT acceleration doesn't need to be turned off, which is a huge improvement. Thanks for your insights.
Yes it is fixed.

Where is the NAT Acceleration option located. I've searched to check but can't find it.

Thanks

@JohnD5000

I wanted to clarify, all my 68u's are running as nodes. I have no GUI access to them only ssh. However, that option is present on my 5300. I took your question as a generic one. About, "where could it be located?". I didn't mean to imply you should see it. I simply was giving, what I hoped was a hint or general starting point for you.

I don't want you going in circles looking for something that may or may not be there on the 68u. If you took it as it should be there I apologize.

I have 3 RT-AC68U running AiMesh and all on firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45149. I have issues using Skype or Google Hangout. Call drops when I roam almost every time. I have disable NAT Acceleration but it doesn't seem to help.

I have 3 RT-AC68U running AiMesh and all on firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45149. I have issues using Skype or Google Hangout. Call drops when I roam almost every time. I have disable NAT Acceleration but it doesn't seem to help.

I wonder how things would work for you if you were using an AiMesh with dual-band Smart Connect and a single SSID. Without Smart Connect, you should be using separate SSIDs, and then roaming is not as seamless.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!