What's new

Wifi Disconnection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DevlChld

New Around Here
Hi all. I have the Asus rog rapture GT-AXE11000 router and 4 Rt-AX92u nodes. Everything was all good until I updated main router with Asus newest software. Started to get a lot of dc on 2 of my nodes and phones. Spent lots of time and days on trying to resolve this with Asus. Decided to try to flash merlin software to fix and it did resolve the issue. Well I noticed merlin had a firmware update so I did that last night. Now I'm back to having the random dc on the nodes again.

I'm actually having the same issue, so I've reverted to 386.8. On 388.0, the issues showed up, but minimal. However on 388.1, the disconnect was happening every few minutes. Also, the AIMesh was dropping out, as though the mesh node is going to standby for a reason.

I also noted the router WebUI not being able to load properly. Feels like there is a high usage on memory or cpu just to load 1 page.

Don't know if anyone noticed these.

I'm actually having the same issue, so I've reverted to 386.8. On 388.0, the issues showed up, but minimal. However on 388.1, the disconnect was happening every few minutes. Also, the AIMesh was dropping out, as though the mesh node is going to standby for a reason.

I also noted the router WebUI not being able to load properly. Feels like there is a high usage on memory or cpu just to load 1 page.

Don't know if anyone noticed these.
Did you do the fw with rog in it or normal fw?

ROG? I uploaded the firmware from the firmware UI. I have Yazfi installed too, but that's about it. This is why I can't understand why the difference from previous versions.

ROG? I uploaded the firmware from the firmware UI. I have Yazfi installed too, but that's about it. This is why I can't understand why the difference from previous versions.
You're not using the merlin firmware ? There's an ROG version

I am using the Merlin firmware. I have the AX88U. But I don't know/think it's a ROG version firmware. Am I missing something? Please enlighten me. Thanks @DevlChld . Is there a link?

I am using the Merlin firmware. I have the AX88U. But I don't know/think it's a ROG version firmware. Am I missing something? Please enlighten me. Thanks @DevlChld . Is there a link?
When you download the firmware. The newest 3.88 version. Inside the folder there's one labled rog. It changes the UI to look like the oem Asus firmware which is red.

When you download the firmware. The newest 3.88 version. Inside the folder there's one labled rog. It changes the UI to look like the oem Asus firmware which is red.
There's no ROG version available for the AX88U, as it's not an ROG router.

My main router is the AX88U. Have 2 AC86U nodes. But even then, the issues I've noticed appears. It's more of the continues disconnect and slow down.

You are running 1 router and 4 mesh nodes.

This means all five devices will use the same channels. You will have a lot of interference.

My recommendation is to skip the mesh - it doesn't let you fine tune your wifi setup

I recommend the AX92U's are set up as AP's, not mesh nodes. Then you can select different channels for all of them as well as reduce the transmit power on the APs to limit interference. The roaming between the nodes will work anyway. The only downside is that you will need to administrate the nodes separately.

I have an AX88U as a main router on channel 100 and full transmit power. The two APs are set to channel 36 and 128 on minimal transmit power. All devices set to 20/40/80 channel bandwidth. The roaming works fine - actually better when I reduced the transmit power on the APs. I get between -50 and -60 dBm throughout my house.

Hello!
I have some issues with my AX88U with wifi disconnection. All my devices disconnect from my AX88U from time to time and after 30-50 s they reconnects and this cycle' repeat infinitly.

Only 368.7.2 Merlin firmware is not doing so.
What to be the problem?

Thank you!

Attachments

• ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 2.4.png
    ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 2.4.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 47
  • ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 5.png
    ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 5.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 46
Try this: On the 5 Ghz band, don't use 160 GHz. Only use 20/40/80. I believe your router discovers that there is some kind of interference and tries to use other channels

Yes, you could be right, that's strange.

However using only 160 MHz on our old routers may force them to try to find other channels which can take time and may be repeated continuously. So changing to 20/40/80 only may help. It should be very simple to test.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!