What's new

wifi dropping on 376.47

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tbarnes93

New Around Here
I have had this router for about a month now and cant figure out why my wifi is dropping but lan is working perfect. This pops up in my log every time i disconnect i check log and this is always just occurring. Any info would be greatly appreciated. all settings are default.

Attachments

• router.jpg
    router.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
I already updated I thought so to. I'm using a dell 1703 card. For some reason the dhcp isn't working correctly? Also I don't lose signal it just goes to limited. It will fix itself after a few minutes or I can disconnect and reconnect and it will work fine. It sounds like a small problem but when gaming it gets frustrating disconnecting 2-3 times ever couple hours.

Last edited:
I have the same problem since some time. Connection goes limited, then reconnects and everything works till next time (RT-N66U + USB-N66). I'm going to try other fw version (using .43) right now.

A couple of things you might try....

(1) Set a fixed channel instead of auto (if a lot of interference, the router may be switching channels looking for a better one)

(2) Disable the power saving options
On the clients - Wireless Driver - Disable any power savings options (set CAM mode), Disable APM/APSD options. Also try different settings for Roaming/Roaming Sensitivity options. In Windows, set Maximum Performance in power settings.

On the router....
In Wireless/Professional - Disable Roaming Assistant, Disable WMM APSD

i did a scan and there was a signal at 64% around me on channel 6 which is what i was on. switched to channel 1 and kept bandwidth at 40 may switch to 20 if any issues occur. I will update in a few days and let you guys know if it works thanks a lot.

Same here. Never had problems with wifi dropping. I use the router for nearly one year with several merlin build updates (374.35-39) Never had any problems. After an update from 374.39 to 374.47 I have massive wifi problems. Connections drop, can´t connect my old iPhone 4s and I can´t connect a new Lenovo Yoga 10 tablet. Did some factory resets ans restored data manualy.

I will go to an older version now and will update my results here.

Hi Folks,

downgrade to 376.45 fixed all my problems. I entered all data manually.

I wonder why the 47 is about 7MB smaler than the old versions.....

I wonder why the 47 is about 7MB smaler than the old versions.....

Because Download Master is no longer included due to lack of space. It gets downloaded form Asus' servers when you install it.

Folks, I think I've said it quite often: wireless reports are completely useless if you don't specify which router you are talking about, as they all use a completely different driver.

sorry its an ac-56r and i set to channel 1 and started with 40mhz and switched to 20mhz and im still getting limited about 3 times a day.

376.45 uses the exact same wireless driver as 376.47 for both the AC56 and AC68, so look for a local issue.

Thx for info. I will retry the 376.47 asap and report my results here.

Make sure you delete any existing wireless profile on your computer and reconnect to the router, as it might be containing some old, obsolete parameters.

I'm having very similar issues: I've been using Asuswrt Merlin for maybe a year with great results with my RT-N66U, and an upgrade to 376.47 has led to specifically the 5GHz network being unreliable across several Macs, Android devices, and iOS devices. This unreliability shows up as a failure to pull a DHCP address upon connecting, as lots of dropped pings to internal and external addresses, and general slowness when browsing, etc.

Curiously, this does NOT show up at all on the 2.4GHz network, so I've just been using that. I haven't reverted to an old version yet but I guess I could. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!