What's new

WiFi Performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you post the output from System Log/Wireless Log while you have your test client connected? (remember to block out your MAC address).

EDIT: Collin and I obviously think alike

Last edited:
Perhaps it's overheating. What temperature do you have shown at Administration > Performance tuning? I get 54 degrees C (I have 5GHz turned off BTW)

How about System Log > Wireless Log?
Code:
SSID: "Enterprise"
RSSI: 0 dBm	SNR: 0 dB	noise: -82 dBm	Channel: 1l
BSSID: BC:EE:7B:C3:78:A8	Capability: ESS ShortSlot 
Supported Rates: [ 1(b) 2(b) 5.5(b) 6 9 11(b) 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]
HT Capable:
	Chanspec: 2.4GHz channel 3 40MHz (0x1803)
	Primary channel: 1
	HT Capabilities: 
	Supported MCS : [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 32 ]

Mode	: AP Only

49-51 degree's depending on GHz

Can you post the output from System Log/Wireless Log while you have your test client connected? (remember to block out your MAC address).

EDIT: Collin and I obviously think alike

Will be tomorrow now chaps - been working on this for around 5 hours, time for bed.

Put my old router back on for the time being as I work from home & need a stable/decent net connection (hence the purchase in the first place lol).

Cheers

Chris

Will be tomorrow now chaps - been working on this for around 5 hours, time for bed.

Put my old router back on for the time being as I work from home & need a stable/decent net connection (hence the purchase in the first place lol).

Cheers

Chris

You also could try setting 2.4 Ghz to 20 Mhz if you have a lot of routers near you.

You also could try setting 2.4 Ghz to 20 Mhz if you have a lot of routers near you.

I tried that as well - changed from 20/40 to just 20 - same problem.

Only 2 routers in range, 1 on channel 1, the other on 11. Tried auto channel (put me on 6 as expected) & also hard set channel 6 too - no change.

Nothing I've done changes anything.

Do the 2.4GHz signal & 5GHz signal come from the same aerial ? I may swap them around to see if one is damaged ? Clutching at straws here lol

Think I've solved my issues now :)

Probably not one for this section of the forum, but I reflashed with the latest Tomato firmware & I'm getting full signal on both frequencies in the same room as the router & also max speeds.

Signal still drops to around 65% in the next room, but the speed has increased to around 25MB.

I am seeing a full signal in the far corner of the next room though where I previously had a dead spot, so may just need to fiddle with the antenna's a little.

Thanks again for the input guys.

Chris