What's new

wiki confused me !

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikele2019

Occasional Visitor
Hi all
If I read wiki I see :

Starting with Asus's 3.0.0.4.380_3000, a new firmware format is used. To flash Asuswrt-Merlin on one of these newer firmwares, you will need 380.61 or newer. Likewise, downgrading to an older version is not supported. (Try firmware recovery mode if you really need to downgrade.)

Do that mean I can upgrade a AC86U easily with the last asuswrt-merlin release which is 384.14 ? frankly its not clear ...

Then you can upgrade directly via the GUI. Then it will be good to factory reset for a fresh start with Merlin.

Thanks !

For now I have a Zyxel router from my ISP which is very fast but I have to reboot it once a month because after 2/3 weeks I get some lags like on IPTV or my connexion come slowww .. after rebooting its good for 2/3 weeks ... This is why I ordered this Asus AC86U and I hope this will not the same with Asus ...

Do you have to reboot sometimes your AC68U too ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!