What's new

Skynet Will skynet help me on blocking these DDoS attacks?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skely

Occasional Visitor
Check my log , I kept getting attacked. will skynet router firewall & security enchancement helpme on this?

Attachments

• ddos-log.txt
    477.2 KB · Views: 196
There is nothing there that is unusual in your log, it's just normal dropped packets. The net is full of bots etc. looking for vulnerable devices. None of that is direct attacks. If you really were being Ddos'd you would be struggling to log in here.

Your firewall has done what it should. You could add scripts that reduce the number of dropped packets you see but it is just more complexity on your router.

Edit : added a small part of the kernel log on my Omnia router for you to compare.
There is nothing here but normal traffic and "back chatter" from the net.

Attachments

• kernel log.txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Now , IF you are worried about security , you would be advised to redact your IP address from any log you post on the forum (or elsewhere).

I suggest you learn how to use "Replace" in notepad's editing tools and it would be a good idea to remove your attached log .

If I use skynet in merlin router firewall & security enhancement , will it be better than now?

Better than what? Your router has already done all it needed to do, it dropped unwanted packets.. You are not being attacked.

Personally I would stop looking at blocked/dropped packets and check what has been accepted.

You have AiProtection on board, you could use that to help prevent intrusion.

Last edited:
But , that thing crashed my router can you see that my router disconnects from the log , the log is just a part of dropped unwanted packets , it still have lots of them that are not recorded in the log

All I see is a WAN drop due to authentication failure. Nothing "crashed" your router.
Aug 19 13:41:50 WAN Connection: Failed to authenticate ourselves to peer.

So what caused the authentication failure? can you also check my crashlog? Thank you!

Attachments

• crash1 (1).txt
    385.4 KB · Views: 107
Do not enable DDOS 'protection' in your router settings. The router barely has enough resources to router its own network traffic, let alone protect you from a DDOS attack.

Check my log , I kept getting attacked. will skynet router firewall & security enchancement helpme on this?
Never. Only your ISP can handle it. DDoS protection devices and softwares? That's useless. Skynet is useless too. But you can feel better with Skynet stuff.
The placebo effect.

Solution:
1. contact your ISP and ask for changing your IP address.
2. If they don't do that change your MAC address and regain your IP address.

Last edited:
All adding skynet will do is give you the ability to easily add your own country and custom ip blocks etc. It will also add community block lists of which some are flawed (false positives). That and probably in your case make you more paranoid that you are being attacked.

I already have.

I already have.
You said "The router barely has enough resources to router its own network traffic, let alone protect you from a DDOS attack."

So,
1. Why does his router have "barely has enough resources to router its own network traffic"?
and
2. Do you actually know what the router's DOS protection option does?

Last edited: