What's new

Win10 filesharing issues since FR the router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elenhil

Occasional Visitor
Is there any factory setting in Asuswrt-Merlin that could possibly have messed up the file and printer sharing in my home network?

Is there any factory setting in Asuswrt-Merlin that could possibly have messed up the file and printer sharing in my home network?
Only the ones that have previously been discussed with you, namely you changing the IP subnet.

Last edited:
I have, as I mentioned elsewhere, changed my subset from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x, which seems to have caused numerous issues, though.

I have, as I mentioned elsewhere, changed my subset from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x, which seems to have caused numerous issues, though.
Because you changed the IP address range. Have you checked the Windows PC's to ensure Network Discovery is still active, that the Network Profile is set to Private and not Public? Its possible the Windows network adapter Network Profile got set to Public when it connected to the new IP address range, especially if you are connecting to the local network using WiFi.

Because you changed the IP address range. Have you checked the Windows PC's to ensure Network Discovery is still active, that the Network Profile is set to Private and not Public? Its possible the Windows network adapter Network Profile got set to Public when it connected to the new IP address range, especially if you are connecting to the local network using WiFi.
Yes, I have checked that.