What's new

wiping my pc - recommendations please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nothing is un-hackable. Don't drink that Kool-Aid.

I know better then to click on phishing links or strange website but if someone is trying to hack me and I don’t set up my firewall they can easily hack my chromebook correct? It might be harder but if someone really wants to they can. What’s the thing with the code you guys keep saying does it mean if it does get hacked it easier to recover? Compared to a windows device like Sfx mentioned. Sfx you said you can’t fix a windows device once it’s infected with a complex type of malware but with a chrome book you can? In terms of wiping the HDD to recover the device

Last edited:
How did you wipe it?

And more interesting: how did you notice the hacker while doing that?
I thought I had to purchase or download a specific type of software to properly wipe a HDD but l&ld told me my windows pc can do it from the settings I don’t think that it wiped it correctly but I was told on this thread that it’s the same thing as doing it from my settings. What’s your view on this do I need to download software to properly Wipe my HDD or is l&ld right with windows settings wiping it for me.or Am I supposed to put my pc in a state safemode or whatever it is so someone with remote access can do something as am wiping the HDD this is only a assumption let me know what you think thanks again for feedback

Did you even read the article I linked for you? Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over?

First answer my second question please:

”And more interesting: how did you notice the hacker while doing that?”
Many have tried before you :) See post #26 for a list of how this keeps cycling and there has not been any evidence presented.

I’ve spent thousands of dollars

spend a few this way... you haven't given us a red cent for any of the valuable advice we've provided.

all kidding aside - the things you're asking for, they're way out of scope for a networking group - you need a security group to address your concerns.

Please stop wasting our time and just go away.

You don't need to respond - just go away

I’ve spent thousands of dollars and hours investing into this problem

I can destroy any hacker traces from any drives. Professional equipment available, banks approved method. Before we used to drill 3 holes, now with more and more SSD and Hybrid drives we make them prettier, like on the picture below. The process takes about 10 seconds. Let me know, if interested.

1661470795136.png

spend a few this way... you haven't given us a red cent for any of the valuable advice we've provided.

all kidding aside - the things you're asking for, they're way out of scope for a networking group - you need a security group to address your concerns.

Please stop wasting our time and just go away.

You don't need to respond - just go away
Nobody is telling you to post on my thread your wasting your own time. I’ll continue to post and learn from everyone who continues to help me. I’ve learned more from here then any other website. I’m not going anywhere

Since you refuse to post the actual proof or logs, or anything, that shows you were actually jacked, and return every few months with the same crazy, impossible story, I'm not sure how much you are actually learning or how or why anyone bothers to answer your questions.

If you post actual evidence of your wild claims (asked dozens of times now), then then if would be easier to believe you and much easier to help you, if you aren't just scamming us all for some bizarre reason, which is how it seems.

***If*** you have legitimate issues, and you spent thousands already on hardware (unnecessarily), then just spend a few dollars more and HIRE A PROFESSIONAL.

Since you refuse to post the actual proof or logs, or anything, that shows you were actually jacked, and return every few months with the same crazy, impossible story, I'm not sure how much you are actually learning or how or why anyone bothers to answer your questions.

If you post actual evidence of your wild claims (asked dozens of times now), then then if would be easier to believe you and much easier to help you, if you aren't just scamming us all for some bizarre reason, which is how it seems.

***If*** you have legitimate issues, and you spent thousands already on hardware (unnecessarily), then just spend a few dollars more and HIRE A PROFESSIONAL.
What are logs and how can I show you them? I will if you tell me how. I did give you proof and it leads to a argument and doesn’t solve anything, that’s why I ignore those posts. I did spend money on an expert and It didn’t help so I’m not gonna waste money paying people that can’t fix my problem so it’s up to me to fix it with the help of you that comment which I’m thankful for. If you think I’m trolling or wasting your time then don’t post. I’m learning how to work basic functions on a pc when ever you guys recommend things. Even if it doesn’t solve a problem is something I didn’t know before

Last edited:
It's interesting that the same small group of people who keep complaining about the OP, also keep replying. The sure way to stop a thread is to STOP RESPONDING.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!