What's new

WireGuard for HND + Diversion Ad Blocker

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ToasterPC

Occasional Visitor
Hey there @Martineau !

Just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for the script utility you developed (tried to reply but it seems the thread was too old) It managed to drop the deployment time from my RPi in 40 minutes to about less than 5 :D !

The test device worked pretty much instantly, and with great speeds to boot!

In any case, the only issue I seem to be having is that trying to use Diversion's DNS address on the client leads to failures in name resolution and connection, so I was wondering if there's a particular redirect I need to perform manually or if I'm going about it wrong in the first place.

In any case, kudos and thanks for the help!

Hey there @Martineau !

Just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for the script utility you developed (tried to reply but it seems the thread was too old) It managed to drop the deployment time from my RPi in 40 minutes to about less than 5 :D !

The test device worked pretty much instantly, and with great speeds to boot!
Many thanks, :)
In any case, the only issue I seem to be having is that trying to use Diversion's DNS address on the client leads to failures in name resolution and connection, so I was wondering if there's a particular redirect I need to perform manually or if I'm going about it wrong in the first place.
I don't use diversion, but If you specify a public DNS (rather than diversion), does it still fail?

wg_manager can change the DNS used by the WireGuard 'client' Peer

e.g. override the default DNS supplied by the WireGuard VPN ISP
Code:
E:Option ==> peer wg14

Peers (Auto=P - Policy, Auto=X - External i.e. Cell/Mobile)

Client  Auto  IP               Endpoint             DNS             MTU  Public                                        Private                                       Annotate
wg14    N     10.66.6.14/32  183.192.126.66:51820  193.138.218.74       Ov343GHDOAH+T0sNRTuPYiE3B/vF/Jpmi!a4fz+49hE=  eKX/dD4OozT+7rGo8t3fjgFrC/lxDY3YD4BTEdRJSl/=  # Mullvad France, Paris

No RPDB Selective Routing rules for wg14

WireGuard ACTIVE Peer Status: Clients 0, Servers 1

Code:
e  = Exit Script [?]

E:Option ==> peer wg14 dns=192.168.1.1

[✔] Updated DNS

Code:
e  = Exit Script [?]

E:Option ==> start wg14

Requesting WireGuard VPN Peer start (wg14)

wireguard-clientwg14: Initialising Wireguard VPN 'client' Peer (wg14) to 183.192.126.66:51820 (# Mullvad France, Paris) DNS=192.168.1.1
    wireguard-clientwg14: Initialisation complete.

WireGuard ACTIVE Peer Status: Clients 1, Servers 1

Code:

Client  Auto  IP               Endpoint             DNS             MTU  Public                                        Private                                       Annotate
wg14    N     10.66.6.14/32  183.192.126.66:51820  193.138.218.74       Ov343GHDOAH+T0sNRTuPYiE3B/vF/Jpmi!a4fz+49hE=  eKX/dD4OozT+7rGo8t3fjgFrC/lxDY3YD4BTEdRJSl/=  # Mullvad France, Paris

Code:
e  = Exit Script [?]

[✔] Updated DNS

Code:
e  = Exit Script [?]

wireguard-clientwg14: Initialising Wireguard VPN 'client' Peer (wg14) to 183.192.126.66:51820 (# Mullvad France, Paris) DNS=192.168.1.1

I'm still wrapping my head around this - in the case of using unbound on my endpoint router and wireguard "host", I use the WAN address of my router, yes? can that be IPv6?

I'm still wrapping my head around this - in the case of using unbound on my endpoint router and wireguard "host", I use the WAN address of my router, yes? can that be IPv6?
As previously posted here, I have no access to IPv6 for comprehensive/definitive testing, so whilst wg_manager makes a feeble attempt to support IPv6 i.e. blindly replicates the IPv4 firewall rules for an IPv6 environment, and hopefully allows IPv6 text strings in the SQL database, I have no idea if IPv6 elements/references will actually work.

Many thanks, :)

I don't use diversion, but If you specify a public DNS (rather than diversion), does it still fail?

Code:

Code:
e  = Exit Script [?]

[✔] Updated DNS

Code:
e  = Exit Script [?]

Thanks!

After testing with 1.1.1.1 and having it work, I tried setting the router's LAN IP address on both wgm and the client, them restarting the peer interface from the manager, and since I'm able to browse and send this reply, I'm thankful to say it worked :D .

Truly, thanks for all your help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!