What's new

Wireguard - NordVPN issue accessing google.com or mtu issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JonathanS

New Around Here
I've just managed to setup nordvpn servers for the Merlin built in wireguardvpn but noticed I am unable to access Google.com. Other sites seem fine.
Reading around it seems like it could be an mtu issue but not sure how I can change or set that up.
Has anyone else had this issue! Thanks

I've just managed to setup nordvpn servers for the Merlin built in wireguardvpn but noticed I am unable to access Google.com. Other sites seem fine.
Reading around it seems like it could be an mtu issue but not sure how I can change or set that up.
Seems goggles block vpn requests. Try to turn if off.

At times, the goggles (@octopus) ;) will complain and want me to check a box to ensure I'm a real person, and not a robot or something... or at least, it says there was suspicious traffic coming from our network (while connected thru NordVPN)... but after checking that box, all is well... You not seeing that same thing?

The PIA subreddit is full of people saying the same thing.
At times, the goggles (@octopus) ;) will complain and want me to check a box to ensure I'm a real person, and not a robot or something... or at least, it says there was suspicious traffic coming from our network (while connected thru NordVPN)... but after checking that box, all is well... You not seeing that same thing?
ok, it seems that some vpn providers have had some of their ip numbers blocked by Google.
Seems that someone/some used these for something not allowed according to Google.
Change to a new ip number seems to make it work again.

all the best, octopus