What's new

Wireguard Server VPN Configuration - AX11000 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

undefined

New Around Here
Hi there.
I recently obtained an Asus RT-AX1000 Pro and have been trying to configure Wireguard in Merlin with my VPN provider (Mullvad).
Coming from an RT-AC88U, I was previously using OVPV, so Wg is new to me.

I downloaded a configuration file from my VPN provider successfully, imported it as a VPN client and then used the VPN director to add all required local devices to my VPN. This works great.

Next, I created a Wg server in Merlin and then, using the android Wg application, I successfully connected my phone, and I now have remote access to my network. This also works great.

Before using Wg as my phone's VPN, I was previously using my VPN provider's native application. Still, I have now had to disable this app since Android only allows a single active VPN. My question is, how do I route my routers Wg server through the VPN that I set up in my Merlin's Wg client settings so that all traffic using my router's Wg server is also passing through Mullvad?

I hope this makes sense; as mentioned previously, I'm not too knowledgeable in regards to Wg and have been learning as I go.

I hugely appreciate any help or advice as its something I have been struggling to configure.

Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!