What's new

Wireless bridge dropping between two RT-AC66U B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wtfwifibridge

New Around Here
I'm having an issue with my two RT-AC66U B1 routers, both on 386.1_2 of Asus Merlin. One functions as a router, and all devices connect without issue. The second is in Media Bridge mode, and works probably 90% of the time. However, it will occasionally disconnect (probably 2-3 times a week) and will not attempt to reconnect without either a reboot or a rescan of the Media Bridge endpoint. I'm connecting to the main router over 5ghz if that's relevant, and there don't seem to be any environmental / spectrum issues (all other devices in the same room stay connected without issue).

I'm happy to provide any logs or try any suggestions - overall I've been extremely impressed and satisfied with the Merlin firmware vs the Asus default, and other than this disconnect-and-never-retry issue it's been working flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.

I'm having an issue with my two RT-AC66U B1 routers, both on 386.1_2 of Asus Merlin. One functions as a router, and all devices connect without issue. The second is in Media Bridge mode, and works probably 90% of the time. However, it will occasionally disconnect (probably 2-3 times a week) and will not attempt to reconnect without either a reboot or a rescan of the Media Bridge endpoint. I'm connecting to the main router over 5ghz if that's relevant, and there don't seem to be any environmental / spectrum issues (all other devices in the same room stay connected without issue).

I'm happy to provide any logs or try any suggestions - overall I've been extremely impressed and satisfied with the Merlin firmware vs the Asus default, and other than this disconnect-and-never-retry issue it's been working flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.
Did you find a solution? I seem to have a similar problem, see https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac66u-in-media-bridge-mode-becomes-unavailable.72327/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!