What's new

Wireless Printer Trouble

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gapmn

Regular Contributor
When I try to login to the router (rt-n66 378.54.2) with my Samsung M 2020 printer, it will not log in on the 2.4 Ghz "N." However, I am able to login with the same settings on the guest network. I know it's not the password I doublechecked it like five times.

Also, when I login to The guest network from a PC I am able to see computers that are on the non-guest network. I thought the guest network was isolated from everything else?

Thanks for any ideas.

I usually use the Wireless network setup method when connecting my Samsung printer to the wireless networks, it gives best control imo.

Page 99-100 in the english user guide (depending on book revision of course).

Thanks, I was using the "Wireless Network Setup" instructions. However, when using the setup instructions the software can see the access point for the 2.4Ghz radio but it will not logon. Again, I can logon to the guest network just fine with the same security enabled.

Also, when I login to The guest network from a PC I am able to see computers that are on the non-guest network. I thought the guest network was isolated from everything else?

Is your PC also connected via Ethernet?

Guest SSID only works over WiFi

it will not log in on the 2.4 Ghz "N." However, I am able to login with the same settings on the guest network. I know it's not the password I doublechecked it like five times.

Are you using a very long password, including non-alphanumeric characters? In some cases, these get stored in %nn format, so count as 3 characters in length, not 1. If the maximum length is exceeded, the last characters of the password are then truncated.

IIRC the maximum length is 16, if all characters are either alpha or numeric.

Just a wild shot in the dark - I don't know if this applies to Samsung printers, but this has tripped me up elsewhere.

Are you using a very long password, including non-alphanumeric characters? In some cases, these get stored in %nn format, so count as 3 characters in length, not 1. If the maximum length is exceeded, the last characters of the password are then truncated.

IIRC the maximum length is 16, if all characters are either alpha or numeric.

Just a wild shot in the dark - I don't know if this applies to Samsung printers, but this has tripped me up elsewhere.

Great idea. However, I am only using an 8 digit key

My PC is also connected to the Guest SSID over WIFI.

Yes, but if you're connected on both, Windows prefers the ethernet connection first - and like I mentioned earlier, Guest SSID only applies to WiFi with the factory firmware...

Yes, but if you're connected on both, Windows prefers the ethernet connection first - and like I mentioned earlier, Guest SSID only applies to WiFi with the factory firmware...

The PC is connected solely through WIFI.

The PC is connected solely through WIFI.

Interesting... so if you're solely on WiFi, and attached to the Guest SSID, and no tinkering about the shell, then you should not see other devices on the network...

It could be cached stuff (windows is bad for this) if you were connected previous on the primary SSID... so one thing to try perhaps is to actually access one of those other items - might fail...

Interesting... so if you're solely on WiFi, and attached to the Guest SSID, and no tinkering about the shell, then you should not see other devices on the network...

It could be cached stuff (windows is bad for this) if you were connected previous on the primary SSID... so one thing to try perhaps is to actually access one of those other items - might fail...

Okay, I will try later and post my findings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!