What's new

Wishlist: RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

princi

1. Merlin support

Should be possible due to Broadcom CPU

2. Ability to utilize the extra 2 cores. Just the 1.8 GHz clock speed alone is not enough.

Looks like no chance of ever having Merlin on the other new models, eg. 92U and 95U.

ÉDIT: Correction. 95U has the same CPU as the 88U

Merlin firmware is a modified version of stock, so the extra cores will work because it's supposed to be supported by stock firmware.
If in theory he supports the AX 88u and it's a quad core CPU then well have to wait and see if he decides to support any other units.

I would love to buy a GT-AX95U with the 2.5G WAN port. It’s the WAN port that I want, not the 8 antennas.

Yes, I have 10G fibre straight into a switch and run 4 routers from it. 2.5 x 4 = 10

I would love to buy a GT-AX95U with the 2.5G WAN port. It’s the WAN port that I want, not the 8 antennas.

Yes, I have 10G fibre straight into a switch and run 4 routers from it. 2.5 x 4 = 10
Merlin is quite selective with what he supports if it has too much closed source components then he wouldn't suport it.