What's new

wl0: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: Failed. status 37 wsize 4 policy 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

--Manu--

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

i am german so excuse my non perfect english.

My setup is a RT-AX88U in combination with an RT-AX92U (AiMesh).

With stock ASUS firmware there are no issues, but since Merlin 384.16 syslog is spamming following log entry every minute.

Code:
...wl0: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: Failed. status 37 wsize 4 policy 1

This happens randomly but mostly after a reboot of the AX88U.
After a further reboot, the entries disappear for a while but randomly begin again.

Basically i am able to read and understand logs, but in this case i cant find any context to this messages.
I rather understand the basic meaning of this log entry for further research.

But everything still works.
I can not find any errors or restrictions in functionalities....but it floods the entire log :-/

I researched in the web (found nothing specific) and here in the forum, but only found a few posts:
A: " I got these entries...."
B: "Does it affect anything?"
A: "No!"
B: "Ignore it!".

Okay...if there were only a few log entries, no problem. But every minute?
That's over 1400 entries a day.

And is that behavior fixed in RMerlin 384.17_0 release final? :)

Hi.
Unfortunately not :(. As I mentioned "since 384.16" ... it also happens with 384.17

If I knew the meaning of these entries, I could at least go into specific troubleshooting.

Hi,
I'm seeing these errors being spammed continuously in my logs. I'm on RT-AX86U with Merlin 386.1_2.

Did anyone found the culprit of this?

Hi,
I'm seeing these errors being spammed continuously in my logs. I'm on RT-AX86U with Merlin 386.1_2.

Did anyone found the culprit of this?

I have had the same spamming since the 386 branch. @Merlin first thought it was extra debug-logging switched on for the AX86U, but could also be this https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax86u-filled-with-error-failed-status-37-wsize-64-policy-1.70289/ and seems to be a known issue when using Google Home/Nest devices. Could that be in your case too?

I don't know if Asus will fix this in a future GPL release or the problem is in Google's wireless protocols so they have to update the firmware on their side.

Thanks a lot for pointing me to that thread!
I do have a lot of google devices, and in fact further analyzing the MAC addresses associated with the log lines they all point to my Google Home speakers.
I also have another smart speaker with Google Assistant on that and a Nest Thermostat but they are not being affected.

Now that I think about that, sometimes they say that they can't find WIFI.

Did you find a solution to this issue?

Did you find a solution to this issue?

I guess there is no permanent solution until Asus and/or Google have fixed it. Only quick-fix is to adjust the logging-level, so these errors don't show up. ;)

Fair enough :)

I'll keep them as I don't want to risk missing something.. I'll ignore them for the time being.

I need to investigate further for some random reboots, I was hoping I found them :(

I had the same issue with my Google Nest (Also 2 Apple HomePod Minis). The only way I fixed it was to put them on 2.4Ghz. No more errors in log after that (weeks now) and their connection is stable now.

I had the same issue with my Google Nest (Also 2 Apple HomePod Minis). The only way I fixed it was to put them on 2.4Ghz. No more errors in log after that (weeks now) and their connection is stable now.
That would have been my next step of troubleshooting :)

Good to know that it worked for you, I'll try that as well!

The combination Google Nest and ASUS router has problems with 5Ghz. A solution that worked for me:
enable MAC filter mode for 5Ghz, set MAC filter mode to reject and add the Google Nest. Reboot your Google Nest. Now the Google Nest will only make a connection to the 2.4Ghz.

The combination Google Nest and ASUS router has problems with 5Ghz. A solution that worked for me:
enable MAC filter mode for 5Ghz, set MAC filter mode to reject and add the Google Nest. Reboot your Google Nest. Now the Google Nest will only make a connection to the 2.4Ghz.
Why do you need to exclude them with MAC address filter? You can only configure Google Nest products with 1 WiFi at time.

Genius, I have been trying to get rid of these on my log for six months.

As they say there is nothing on the internet about it, I tried many thing, including emailing asus, to which I got no reply.

Filtering the Macs is working, apart from one initial log message confirming the 5ghz auth is blocked, no more spam.

Nest Speakers work just fine on 2.4ghz so another silver lining is my 5ghz is kept less busy for gaming.

Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!