What's new

WNDR3700 Qos Doesn't really work?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aminiar

New Around Here
In our house we have a desktop connected via LAN and 5 laptops via wireless. I set the desktop which does torrents LOW via mac, and all the laptops to high.

however when torrents are downloading, when pinging google.com the pings are in the 200-600 range.. if i quit utorrent everything goes back to normal? Is their not true QOS support?

Do I need to specify the uplink bandwidth limit?

In our house we have a desktop connected via LAN and 5 laptops via wireless. I set the desktop which does torrents LOW via mac, and all the laptops to high.

however when torrents are downloading, when pinging google.com the pings are in the 200-600 range.. if i quit utorrent everything goes back to normal? Is their not true QOS support?

Do I need to specify the uplink bandwidth limit?

Default settings on most routers for P2P should be enough. How come you changed it? Really should worry about how the PC is handling the packets I/D. Whatever you use should have the most RAM and HDD space and the CPU should D-2 or Q-4. What's your best MB/s?

You need to check Turn Internet Access QoS On and Turn Bandwidth control on and set the uplink bandwidth. Remember that the QoS is for uplink traffic only.