What's new

Workarround for venezuelan time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rod

Occasional Visitor
As RMerlin says, the timezone code is 5 years old.

I found this solution that works every reboot.

You have to edit a script in /jffs (I used post-mount) and add the following

Code:
timehh=`date -u '+%H'`
timemm=`date -u '+%M'`
curr_time="$timehh:$timemm"
timemm=`expr $timemm - 30`
new_time="$timehh:$timemm"
date -u $new_time

And of course, you have to mantain the wrong setting of GMT -4:00 so the router will get at least the year, day... and the 30 min biased time. After that, this code will substract 30 minutes from current time and reset the time once the router has rebooted.

It worked for me.
Thanks RMerlin for the support in this!

UPDATE:
That fix wont survive if you are changing things on the router... it will get the wrong time again at some point. I have changed that for the following code in post-mount:

Code:
cp /mnt/OPTWARE/asusware/TZ /tmp/etc

Where the file TZ contains only this text: GMT4:30

I will attach the file here for your pleasure. You have to unzip it... and put the file in the asusware folder of your usb drive for that code to work... or anywhere else, changing the cp code accordly

Update:

That worked fine in optware, but if you happen to be in entware, it wont.
The reason might be that after you patch TZ file, the router does its time sync stuff and overwrites again the original and wrong TZ in /tmp/etc.

I removed the line from post-mount and added to some script in init.d... the only one that I have so far: S81aria. I know that is not related to aria, but I was trying. At first it didn't work... I ended up putting a sleep 60 before the cp line, and after the reboot it worked.

Attachments

• TZ.zip
    110 bytes · Views: 129
Last edited:
The new builds have the correct Venezuelan timezone

Yes, surprised to note that now you can put the timezone to Venezuelan -4:30 so my workaround is useless now :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!