What's new

wrong cfe with no mac address uploaded to ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I made several attempts with winscp and it would not connect. Finally after a number of tries, I got both putty and Winspc to connect. I uploaded mtd-write and the original cfe. Flashed the cfe with correct mac addresses and HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN !!!! The router works as it should. Both wireless and Ethernet are back to normal.

I would like to express my many thanks to all of the people who have made this journey possible.
Please give yourself all a pat on the back. I and my router thank you.

Bob Kudrycki

I made several attempts with winscp and it would not connect. Finally after a number of tries, I got both putty and Winspc to connect. I uploaded mtd-write and the original cfe. Flashed the cfe with correct mac addresses and HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN !!!! The router works as it should. Both wireless and Ethernet are back to normal.

I would like to express my many thanks to all of the people who have made this journey possible.
Please give yourself all a pat on the back. I and my router thank you.

Bob Kudrycki
Congrats!

I ordered a USB TTL Serial Cable, hoping it would work on mine:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/help-cannot-connect-my-converted-tm-ac1900.43954/

Updated (1/25/18): It worked.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I know this is an old thread but I have a similar problem. I was flashing two routers at the same time and I uploaded the same cfe file to both routers. Now nothing routers have the same mac addresses and I obviously can't get them to connect to each other.

I have tried downloading a hex editor and changing the mac addresses but after I upload the edited cfe file the old mac address is still there.

Can someone help?

Thanks. I tried that 100 times last night and it didn't work. Tried this morning and it worked. Thanks again.

Still not getting it to connect via aimesh, but that is a different topic. Thanks again.

EDIT: Got it to work by switching so the node was the router and the router was the node.

Last edited:
Oh, just a thought: I have downloaded a CFE for my AC56U and for the wl0 mac address there was two times an equal sign (==) instead of once (=). Corrected this and the router has returned to normal (I use the mac address from the sticker at the back of the router).

Here's a question for the experts:

How exactly do you flash when you desolder the chip? Do you just write the CFE to the chip or do you have to first create a directory for it called /boot?

Thanks