What's new

WTFast Game Boost isn't working on 384.3 Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Twohothardware

Occasional Visitor
I decided to test out the WTFast service on my new RT-AC86U since it's free with the router but it's bugged on the Merlin firmware. I was using the latest stable release 384.3 and the issue is the drop-down menus to select Clients, Games, etc doesn't populate with any info and are blank. I flashed back to the latest official Asus firmware and everything populates and the service works. Is this fixed in a more recent beta firmware or is it being looked at?

WTFast is closed source, so I'm merely merging Asus's code in. Try 384.4 beta, which is based on a newer GPL release.

WTFast is closed source, so I'm merely merging Asus's code in. Try 384.4 beta, which is based on a newer GPL release.

That's what I did shortly after posting this and the 384.4 beta seems to of fixed WTFast. Problem now though is that my OpenVPN client won't work at all and just hangs when I try to turn it on. I'll post more details in the 384.4 beta firmware thread about that.