What's new

Wtfast?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BoostOver

Regular Contributor
Good evening, speaking of the latest routers, which ones have Wtfast integrated?
Thanks in advance.

P.s.
I thought about buying the GT-AX6000 but learned that it is not integrated.

Are they recommended?

Their supported list of games is 2 years old. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have the GT-AX6000 but have never used it.

Not a gamer, but sound like snake oil to me. Marketing boosted subscription service.

I've tried it. The way the software works is cool. It is showing you the improvement you had over play time, or didn't have.

But, how can I trust it? Just because the graph shows me there was an improvement, how do I know it isn't snake oil? How do I know if WTFast are just manipulating numbers?

Like their list of games, that of "supported" routers is old. I see wtfast mentioned in the firmware's web pages for both the RT-AX88U Pro and GT-AX6000. Running Merlin's latest stable non-ROG on a GT-AX6000:
Screenshot_20231027-085612-212.png

Snake oil!

I've got no opinion about any gaming features as I've never tried them. Likely the last game I spent any kind of time playing was Quake. But this feature /is/ available on the router OP mentioned as desired but "unsupported."

I have not used it as I dont play my son's games. But the list of games is old and none his games were listed...if they don't keep updating the game list (and thus the servers?) I'm not sure what use it is.

I wouldn't bother with the built in WTFast in routers as some of yawl mentioned the games aren't updated. But they have windows apps you can download that are kept up to date with games.

Here is hoping for some objective evidence that would clearly confirm that the numbers aren't being manipulated. But I won't hold my breath ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!