What's new

www.asuswrt-merlin.net homeage is down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If they used a load balancer, they could have changed it rather than email you twice about IP changes requiring DNS changes.
I don`t rent a server with load balancing, I pay for just a basic cPanel account. You don`t get web balancing with these $4/month hosting services, you get that with far more expensive dedicated hosting packages. cPanel does not work with load balancing.

As I said, it was just a configuration error that occurred while they were restoring entire servers from their backups. Some cPanel accounts got allocated the wrong IP address, which I worked around by pointing my DNS entries at these IP address. And they later on caught on the config issue, and fixed it, which required me to again re-update my DNS entries - because I don't use their own DNS servers.

I don`t rent a server with load balancing, I pay for just a basic cPanel account. You don`t get web balancing with these $4/month hosting services, you get that with far more expensive dedicated hosting packages. cPanel does not work with load balancing.

As I said, it was just a configuration error that occurred while they were restoring entire servers from their backups. Some cPanel accounts got allocated the wrong IP address, which I worked around by pointing my DNS entries at these IP address. And they later on caught on the config issue, and fixed it, which required me to again re-update my DNS entries - because I don't use their own DNS servers.

$4 a month is very inexpensive for web hosting. Possibly setting up dynamic DNS can automatically recover when we imperfect humans make a similar mistake of the same mistake in the future. I'm a huge believer in IT automation.

Thank you for clarifying and your great enhancements Eric,

Morris