What's new

XD6 Aimesh setup with more than 9 Nodes alternative recommendations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ningkupower96

New Around Here
Hi Everyone,

I m new to this forum and I hope I can get some advise on how to do this from all the masters here.

When I bought the XD6 the vendor told me that it could connect more than 10 Aimesh nodes. Trouble is I have about 15 zones to cover in my customers house.

Now I know the Aimesh setup maxes out at 9 nodes and plus the main router you have 10 nodes. I have 5 more nodes which I need them to be on the same IP range and similar SSID. All nodes are wired btw.

I m really stuck here and the return policy where I come from is a joke. Previously I used Linksys with 20 nodes on AP mode and it worked flawlessly until some weird firmware breaks the system. My client wanted a wifi6 mesh system and Linksys have availability issues here in my country and the support sucks. I mean Asus isn't any better but they do have tons of stock.

What are my options brother? Do I setup the remaining nodes on AP mode without Aimesh? I m truly lost and need help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Pow

Hi Everyone,

I m new to this forum and I hope I can get some advise on how to do this from all the masters here.

When I bought the XD6 the vendor told me that it could connect more than 10 Aimesh nodes. Trouble is I have about 15 zones to cover in my customers house.

Now I know the Aimesh setup maxes out at 9 nodes and plus the main router you have 10 nodes. I have 5 more nodes which I need them to be on the same IP range and similar SSID. All nodes are wired btw.

I m really stuck here and the return policy where I come from is a joke. Previously I used Linksys with 20 nodes on AP mode and it worked flawlessly until some weird firmware breaks the system. My client wanted a wifi6 mesh system and Linksys have availability issues here in my country and the support sucks. I mean Asus isn't any better but they do have tons of stock.

What are my options brother? Do I setup the remaining nodes on AP mode without Aimesh? I m truly lost and need help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Pow
I would set up two networks. On network 1, convert one of the nodes to media bridge. Then connect a node to the media bridge. Put this node in router mode (network 2). Have the remaining nodes connect to network 2.

This is probably one of those cases where you could well be better off describing what you are trying to achieve rather than how you are trying to achieve it. ie how many floors, and how many sq ft per floor!

I know the adverts state that each node is capable of covering 180m area, and that construction can reduce that considerably. But even if we called it 100m per node you are looking at 15000 square meters - that's a 160,000+ sq foot property! If that's the case then you really need to be looking to do this whole different way!

Thanks Quan, the 2 Media Bridge should be connect via cable or through a swtich/router? Their isn't much on media bridges unless I m looking at the wrong place. Means media bridge 1 connects 9 and media bridge 2 connects 6 with different ssid?

Adooni n Crimliar,
I have gone to that enterprise route before. They themselves have the same problem.

Customer was previously using ubiquiti. Trouble is he wants control over his WiFi with minimal fuss. Those ubiquiti cost him a bomb and the vendor with the password closed down. Said he got sick of the support. Servicing was also expensive I was told. Here I m trying to sort his shirt out. Hahaha.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pow

Thanks Quan, the 2 Media Bridge should be connect via cable or through a swtich/router? Their isn't much on media bridges unless I m looking at the wrong place. Means media bridge 1 connects 9 and media bridge 2 connects 6 with different ssid?

Adooni n Crimliar,
I have gone to that enterprise route before. They themselves have the same problem.

Customer was previously using ubiquiti. Trouble is he wants control over his WiFi with minimal fuss. Those ubiquiti cost him a bomb and the vendor with the password closed down. Said he got sick of the support. Servicing was also expensive I was told. Here I m trying to sort his shirt out. Hahaha.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pow
Put one of the Aimesh nodes in media bridge mode. You can connect the media bridge wirelessly.

Attachments

• 73E36012-89FC-461E-B89C-9462D7456F72.jpeg
    73E36012-89FC-461E-B89C-9462D7456F72.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 126

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!