What's new

xen wifi xt8 suddenly some ports blocked or comcast?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

markm75

Occasional Visitor
I have a port that was open and working fine on 44158 tcp until 4 days ago... i also noted the firmware signature updated 4 days ago (not sure what that means, i didnt update the firmware itself however).

I had the port on port forwarding just fine, now if you do an external check it says closed.. it says that for a few other ports too that arent in the same ballpark too, which are also opened.

I suspect its either suddenly blocked by comcast or something changed with that signature update on 1/21/22?
Has anyone ran into this?

I've even tried dmz'ing the port too, no go.. not sure what to do to troubleshoot further.
My isp ip address hasnt changed in a year, all was fine before 1/21/22

I also tried 44159, 44160 on the port forwarding area, those seem to be blocked too, so do a few of my other older entries not even in the same ballpark.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Good grief. Not another post about port forwarding to a Helium Miner.
Another, I had only seen this on Comcast forums

Is there a known issue with a signature update on the xt8? edit: now i see a few of those posts but nothing relevant .

Last edited:
So far nothing i've tried will open the port.

Actually its not just that port.. i have some existing other ones that are showing open.. however, if i take one of those open ones and change to say 441 or 442 tcp, and retest, it says closed. This might be a general issue suddenly with the router, unsure. **Unless they are showing closed because that port isnt an actual port (not just open on the firewall), so perhaps the original issue of 44158 is the device itself isnt working on that port suddenly.

What im getting at is, if you open a port to an ip address on the lan but that port doesnt have a service on the other end, should external port checkers still show the port being open with no service behind the port that is opened?

EDIT: i took another service i had open, changed it to 44158, ran the external tester, shows open, ran the external test to the internal service, it worked.
Therefore at this point it appears to be an issue with the device, not a port issue.

Last edited:
Log into the router and go to System Log - Port Forwarding. That shows all the current port forwarding rules. If it's there but your device still doesn't work the problem is not with the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!