What's new

XT8 constant disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Following up here to confirm that my IoT devices are finally stable after several months, thanks to the 9.0.1.4_386_46197 beta firmware mentioned above.

So far it is a lot better. Things I have done are

1) Install 46197 beta
2) Full reset of all nodes
3) 1GB Backhaul via ethernet

Many of my devices are staying connected, before I had 10 IoT that were constantly disconnecting, that is now down to 3. Of which 1 I think needs resetting. This certainly looks a lot more promising.

Wondering if the statistical traffic analyzer works for you guys on the Beta (46197) release? It didn't for me, but I didn't look into it since it also didn't solve the problem that I was pursuing at the time *smile*.

I had the same problems with my 2.4 GHz IoT devices (mainly ESP-based), more than 50.

After tons of tests I found the solution, at least in my case:

Beacon interval: 1000
DTIM interval: 1

Save and reboot.

Too frequent beacons cause freezing of many cheap wifi chipsets.
Upping my Beacon interval to 1000 solved the issue I was having with all my TP-Link smart switches suddenly dropping and reconnecting to my AX88U/AX6000 router after upgrading the firmware. That was driving me crazy. I was all but convinced there had to be a bug in the latest firmware upgrade. Thank you for all your hard work with finding a solution and sharing.

I know this thread is old but I had issues with this model mesh system and for the longest was having issues with constant disconnects with the main node that had the WAN uplink. I refused to give up so I kept reading and thinking, and looking at the errors I would get when the node would turn the good ole red like 5 times a day. I noticed on one of my devices that I was seeing a DNS related error for web pages. I decided to try something. Since the router normally gets DHCP including DNS from the ISP modem, I thought to myself. Time to find and set Google and Level3 DNS manually. I have not had a single disconnect in weeks. These routers are fast and powerful when working correctly. FINALLY!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-084224_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-084224_ASUS Router.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 226

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!