What's new

XT8 Mesh routers and Fire Tv Stick

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sunny Unni

Occasional Visitor
I installed my XT8 Mesh System yesterday and all is well so far. One router in the Living room and the other in the bedroom connected via Ethernet (Backhaul)
A fire Tv Stick 4k in the living room is not connecting to the router. The problem is that both the Main router and the AiMesh node is trying to connect to the Fire Tv resulting in a very poor connection and issues. Can I direct only the Main router which is closest to the Fire Tv and NOT the node to connect to it ?
I have set the system to Smart Connect Triband.

Last edited:
I installed my XT8 Mesh System yesterday and all is well so far. One router in the Living room and the other in the bedroom connected via Ethernet (Backhaul)
A fire Tv Stick 4k in the living room is not connecting to the router. The problem is that both the Main router and the AiMesh node is trying to connect to the Fire Tv resulting in a very poor connection and issues. Can I direct only the Main router which is closest to the Fire Tv and NOT the node to connect to it ?
I have set the system to Smart Connect Triband.
Have it connect to the router you want and on the app, under devices. select the fire stick and bind it to that router.

Have been trying to link the fire tv to the main router which is closest to the it but it keeps connecting to the inside room Node. Have tried resetting and binding unbinding several times. It just wants to connect to the inside room node and not to the main router which is a few feet away from it. Wierd :(

Have been trying to link the fire tv to the main router which is closest to the it but it keeps connecting to the inside room Node. Have tried resetting and binding unbinding several times. It just wants to connect to the inside room node and not to the main router which is a few feet away from it. Wierd :(
That is weird. The things that I’ve bind have stayed. Maybe try optimization on the main router once you have everything bind to where you want it. And give it around 10 minutes. Some times it takes a little longer for things to move around to where they belong. Before you click optimization. Be sure to be using whatever your binging. Like have the fire tv stick streaming for example.

That is weird. The things that I’ve bind have stayed. Maybe try optimization on the main router once you have everything bind to where you want it. And give it around 10 minutes. Some times it takes a little longer for things to move around to where they belong. Before you click optimization. Be sure to be using whatever your binging. Like have the fire tv stick streaming for example.
Thanks in2ndo. Here’s what happens.
1) Fire TV reset - When I bind it to the main router I cannot connect it to wifi it always shows an error.
2) Fore Tv reset - I unbind it and then it connects easily to the node. But on a 2.4g connection which keeps dropping.
3) now when I try and bind it the connection goes off. Then I restart the fire tv but it won’t connect to the internet. Tried optimisation too. But doesn’t work.
Strangely I have another fire tv in the bedroom close to the node and that connects in seconds very smoothly. No issues at all.

Thanks in2ndo. Here’s what happens.
1) Fire TV reset - When I bind it to the main router I cannot connect it to wifi it always shows an error.
2) Fore Tv reset - I unbind it and then it connects easily to the node. But on a 2.4g connection which keeps dropping.
3) now when I try and bind it the connection goes off. Then I restart the fire tv but it won’t connect to the internet. Tried optimisation too. But doesn’t work.
Strangely I have another fire tv in the bedroom close to the node and that connects in seconds very smoothly. No issues at all.
If you have another fire tv that is doing what you want it to do. I would say the problem is with the other fire tv and not the router. Have you tried switching the fire tv’s to see if the same one keeps doing the same thing?
Another thing to try would be. Turning off the Node, once you have things working on the main router and the fire tv bind to it and working. Turn the node back on. Let everything settle. And reboot.
there is been times that when I add something new to the network. I don’t see things moving around until hours later. Some times the next day.

Just realized there are actual tv’s called fire tv’s. I hope your talking about the fire stick and not the actual tv. That would probably be a pain to move around.. LOL.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!