What's new

XT8 Potential 3.0.0.4.386_26044 Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

minimos

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I installed the new firmware version over the weekend coming from 25790 and I now have some intermittent issues with my Sonos system.

I have a number of devices in the home, but I noticed that over the weekend my Sonos Beam with 2 Surrounds stopped responding to volume control using my Logitech Universal Remote. A pull of the power cord and all was well again.

A few hours later it happened again, no volume adjustments, but also the Alexa wake word was responding, but never completing any requests. This time a power pull restored the volume again but I noticed the issue still hung around after the cycle.

Thinking it was a Sonos issue, I removed the voice assistant from my setup, and that's when the fun began.

I could not for the life of me get the voice assistant to add back to the device, I spent ages following all sorts of Sonos guides to log out, reset devices etc, non of them worked, again I put down to maybe issues with the Sonos service despite the status page showing green (there have been incidents in the past where similar issues have occurred for people adding in voice assistants when the service status was green, but a day or so later sprang back into life), so I thought no more of it and to try later.

Anyway, on goes another 24 hours or so, getting many complaints from the family about unresponsive volume on the TV again.

Odd, I thought, but this is too much of a coincidence.

So I investigated further. The Sonos system is wireless all through my home, but what is interesting with the Beam and attached satellites is that one of them acts like a router and creates its own network, so 2 out of the 3 devices communicate to the network via a host speaker.

Aha, I thought, is there potentially an issue over wireless with the SonosNet. So going back to the Sonos, I dug out a LAN cable and plugged the Beam into a switch, and voila, instantly I could add in the voice assistant and the device has not dropped from the network in a good few hours.

Anyway it got me thinking, there were also issues in the last few days running 2 Xboxes in the network, some games worked others didn't, despite both consoles showing Open NAT. For example Forza Horizon 4 allowed multi player, but Sea of Thieves and Crash Nitro Racing always failed with a can't connect to host message. Party functionality also worked well.

It appears there is something amiss with this firmware, I had no issues on the previous build.

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Thanks in advance

Minimos

Ok and I confirm the Xbox Multiplayer issues are also related to this new firmware.

I've just moved back to 25790 and all the issues above are now resolved

If you have Sonos or 2 Xbox Ones in your home I'd steer clear of the latest update

I have exactly the same config. Sonos Beam and two Sonos One surrounds with XBox Ones and various other devices including Hive, Samsung TV.

I downgraded to the January firmware but nothing could connect to the Internet. Then went back to 25790 but still no Internet. In order to fix I had to turn off time scheduling for all kids devices. Now back to solid and reliable connection.

I had the same issue this weekend after upgrading my three node XT8 node to the latest firmware a week ago. I have a fairly large Sonos setup but just the one xbox. Identical issues Sonos speaker dropouts. I have read on the Sonos forum post that a factory reset after upgrading to the latest firmware will fix the issues. But I don't have the option of taking down internet access for the time it would take to set everything up again. For now followed the advice and downgraded to 25790. Sonos appears to be working fine now.

I'm having problems too. Do I have/need to delete all settings to downgrade the firmware?

No. If you can't connect to the Internet after downgrade you will need to switch off family time scheduling features.

No need to delete settings before downgrading. Just download the firmware from the Asus support page. Unzip it and then upload via the link on the firmware page of the main router. I did the nodes first then the router. The router requires a restart. No other actions needed. I do not use family time scheduling so have not experienced that issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!