What's new

XT8 PPPoe Disconnect Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

XerxeS2K

New Around Here
Hi All,

First time poster. Long time lurker as I've always had Asus but never had many issues..

I'm hoping all you lovely people can help me get to the bottom of my constant PPPoe Disconnect Issues.

Basically I have tried both a Billion 8800nl & the Plusnet hub2 in bridged mode. Both are exactly the same when it comes to the drops. The modem doesn't drop the VDSL nor does the modem show anything in logs to indicate there is an issue.

The problem comes from the XT8 and it constantly dropping the PPPoe connection with a log entry of Serial appears to be disconnected.

I've tried all the ppp echo settings including DNS ping and disabled. But the ppoe won't stay stable..

Just waitinng for it to disconnect again so the logs are available.

I have done a search and seen similar issues but nothing quite like this.

Any Advuce is greatly appreciated as I love the mesh.. but every hour at least there is a disconnect of pppoe.

Last edited:
**Update**

Problem resolved.

No disconnect for over 24hrs

Full WPS reset. No changes to any settings. Only thing that changed is that I swapped around the XT8 acting as the the node and the router.

I had done many resets and tweaked my settings and tried many firmwares. The last thing I tried was switching them around so node was router and vice versa.

Seems as if the original device setup as the router has an issue keeping the PPPoe alive.

As soon as I switched them around it has stayed rock solid.

Both devices are running the latest firmware with no issues with WiFi backhaul or Google Nest or Teams...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!