What's new

Yale nest lock goes offline

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Doug Brown

Occasional Visitor
I recently added a single xt8 router to my home. It has an ac86u as an aimesh node connected via Ethernet Backhaul. My Yale nest lock goes offline about 30 minutes after reconnecting it to my nest connect. This started after adding the xt8. All other wireless devices stay connected. Nest doorbell, nest connect, Kasa smart plugs, Google hubs. Any thoughts on why this happens to the lock? Suggestions for a fix? I don’t want to return the xt8. Att internet 1000, bgw210 gateway in ip passthrough to the xt8.
Firmware 3.0.0.4386 45934

Last edited:
Try simply resetting the lock and then reassociating it again.

A system reboot via the AiMesh, Settings page in the GUI also helps with these types of issues.

If you need to do both, reset the lock, perform a system reboot, wait for a good 10 to 15 minutes for the network to stabilize, then re-associate the lock.

Other things to check. Are you using spaces, punctuation, or other special characters in your SSID or passwords? Are your bands/radios split so that you can choose precisely which band each device connects to? Are you using the 2.4GHz band?

To test for the above, use a Guest Network with a never before used SSID or password with the above restrictions (and an 8 alphanumeric character SSID with a 16 alphanumeric character password).

If your lock can connect to the main router (and stay connected), you may have too much WiFi in your home (or at least, in that area of your home).

The lock has already been reset. As well as a system reboot. I’ll try a reboot again. Wi-Fi password is numbers only. Nothing changed from the previous setup except there are 2 5.0 networks now and AX. Plus the 2.4 network. Same network name and password for bands previously and now. I had thought of using a guest network on 2.4 only.
I’ll try using a guest network if the system reboot doesn’t work.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I didn’t set it up from a back up. I manually entered the network name, password, etc. I may not have reset the node prior to adding the xt8.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!