What's new

YazDHCP YazDHCP - feature expansion of DHCP assignments (increasing limit on the number of DHCP reservations)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AC86U on MerlinWRT 386.3_2

This is what I am getting on install

Code:
Enter answer (y/n):    y
YazDHCP: DHCP hostnames not exported from nvram, no data found

When I manually try to run it I get

Choose an option: 1

tail: can't open '/jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/DHCP_clients': No such file or directory
tail: no files
YazDHCP: DHCP hostname list updated successfully

tail: can't open '/jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/DHCP_clients': No such file or directory
YazDHCP: DHCP static assignment list updated successfully

YazDHCP: DHCP options list updated successfully

I was wondering if i'am the only one not working with cidr or subnets in VPN director :) I just have a bunch of devices setup for WAN or VPN clients 1,2,3 etc. I like to do a clean install with the Alpha's, Beta's and finals. But every time i have to order all these devices in VPN Director, and after some time i notice i forgot a couple, and then back to drawing board, to set them up.

The problem (made by design) is that VPN Director isn't dynamic, meaning if i put 192.168.1.25 in there, it is not in order by follow up the numbers, they end up somewhere between 192.168.1.32 or .. you get it (ocd maybe?) :)

Tldnr . YazDHCP is life and time saver ! Can something similar be created for VPN Director (vpndirector.csv)? Just wondering.

v1.0.3 is now available
Changelog:

• IMPROVED: YazDHCP now works with subnets other than 255.255.255.0
  • FIXED: YazDHCP will now work from a fresh install with no existing DHCP assignments to export
I appreciate it. This is one of my favorite scripts to use with RMerlin (specially after a complete reset of router).

@Jack Yaz, apologies if this was covered somewhere. Does your addon allow static dhcp reservations for other networks than the main vlan for the router that the dhcp server hands out?

I do have your guest wifi add on enabled and was hoping to assign static entries for some of the devices on the guest networks

Please let me know, Thank you!!

I do have your guest wifi add on enabled and was hoping to assign static entries for some of the devices on the guest networks
@Agoldstein54
The YazFi Wiki has an entry explaining how to setup static reservations for YazFi Guest clients:
https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/wi...e-and-ARP-records#a-note-on-dhcp-reservations

Or see my post here where there is a general set of directions for setting up static IP addresses for YazFi clients:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...inc-ssid-vpn-client.45924/page-32#post-473403

Currently it appears (at least on my end) the YazDHCP script only exports the main LAN static reservations and not the YazFi static reservations that I have setup.

Yes you can use the GUI page

Icons should be editable in the GUI page as they were before

Just installed Merlin fw 386.4. Then I decided to install YazDHCP as well from amtm. I have used Diversion, Skynet and several other tools/scripts for many years but haven't tested YazDHCP so far. Everything with YazDHCP install seemed to go nicely (no error messages).

I have only some 30 entries listed in LAN - DHCP Server Manually Assigned IP. But after YazDHCP install all of these went missing and the list remained empty even though I restarted the router a couple of times and tested with different browsers. YazDHCP version and Export to .csv button etc. were visible in the DHCP Server tab of Merlin GUI though.

Anyway, I am not very patient so I decided to restore my JFFS and Settings right away from fresh backups and got my Manually Assigned IPs successfully back.

Maybe I should have cleared browser caches too?

Why did I lose the Manually Assigned IPs? Should I try again? What did I do wrong originally?

Last edited:
Needs updating due to Asus changing nvram format (again)

@Jack Yaz just contemplating the upgrade from Merlin 386.3_2 to 386.4 and puased whilst contemplating the last couple of messages here ...
If I already have YazDHCP 1.0.3 up and running is it "safe" to upgrade without issues? I'd have backups but ... bit wary about hosing all my static assignments?

@Jack Yaz just contemplating the upgrade from Merlin 386.3_2 to 386.4 and puased whilst contemplating the last couple of messages here ...
If I already have YazDHCP 1.0.3 up and running is it "safe" to upgrade without issues? I'd have backups but ... bit wary about hosing all my static assignments?
existing users are fine, the issue is for new users exporting for the first time

v1.0.4 is now available
Changelog:

• CHANGED: Script now downloads updates via Scarf Gateway (see bottom of README)
I did...and that's neato-cool stuff. Who else of your fellow coding types around here could benefit, I wonder?

Anyway, updated, and now it seems I may have more DHCP slots available (by 1) than addresses in the range somehow...but it may be clearer or make perfect sense once coffee kicks in.

it'll be a YazFi feature if/when i get back to coding in the near future (dog had surgery yesterday to remove a lump, could be cancer, we find out next week)
I hope your pup is doing better from when you posted this

Have you thought more about adding in the functionality to reserve IPs for the guest network subnets?

I hope your pup is doing better from when you posted this

Have you thought more about adding in the functionality to reserve IPs for the guest network subnets?
Not to smash any nice or brilliant ideas/feature request, but keep in mind that users will still be limited by how many values the router is able to store. Fancy to be able to do all these things, but limited even more.it is a give and take relationship.

Support in YazDHCP for other IP ranges such as those provided by YazFi is planned
I did hack this together about 9 months ago

But I haven't updated it since so it might not be relevant for newer versions of Asus SW or anything any more.

I did hack this together about 9 months ago

But I haven't updated it since so it might not be relevant for newer versions of Asus SW or anything any more.
Awesome work!. Yea, it would be a good idea to fine tooth comb the additions to make sure nothing is broken by Newer Asuswrt-Merlin changes in regards to DHCP. At either rate, @Jack Yaz could make quick work of such if he has the time.

I thought that I can use this addon to add manually assigned IP addresses. However, I cannot figure out how to do that by reading the readme :(
Am I mistaken in my assumption? If not, can someone point me to how to manually assign IP addresses using this tool?