What's new

YazDHCP YazDHCP - feature expansion of DHCP assignments (increasing limit on the number of DHCP reservations)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you do a factory restore after you flashed the firmware you want running too?

Did you do a factory restore after you flashed the firmware you want running too?
If you mean another "factory defaults reset" after flashing the F/W, then yes I did so that any "new" default settings (if any) take effect. Then I set the minimum configuration required to get into the router, set up LAN/WLAN, connected my client devices, enabled SSH, installed some custom shell scripts, plugged in the USB drive, and executed the script to restore the user icons setup. After testing was completed & results verified, I also ran another custom script I have to fully restore some specific JFFS subdirectories (i.e. /jffs/configs, /jffs/etc, /jffs/scripts, /jffs/openvpn) which contain all my personal custom scripts & setting files. And then I proceeded with a manual reconfiguration via the WebGUI to finalize the full setup.

I've submitted a GitHub PR to @JackYaz to merge the implementation into his 'develop' branch.
@Jack Yaz has merged the latest shell script changes into his 'develop' branch. If you want to test and play with the new feature you can switch from the latest release version with the following command:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/YazDHCP develop

FYI.

FYI,

I've implemented the WebGUI portion of the "Back up & Restore" of custom user icons.
Here are some example screenshots:

YazDHCP_CustomUserIcons_BackUp&Restore.jpg

After saving a backup of the custom user icons:

YazDHCP_CustomUserIcons_BackupCompleted.jpg

When selecting a backup file to restore user icons from:

YazDHCP_CustomUserIcons_SelectRestoreFile.jpg

After restoring custom user icons from the selected backup file:

YazDHCP_CustomUserIcons_RestoreCompleted.jpg

I've already submitted a GitHub PR to @JackYaz.

FYI,

I've implemented the WebGUI portion of the "Back up & Restore" of custom user icons.
Here are some example screenshots:

View attachment 49591

After saving a backup of the custom user icons:

View attachment 49592

When selecting a backup file to restore user icons from:

View attachment 49593

After restoring custom user icons from the selected backup file:

View attachment 49594

I've already submitted a GitHub PR to @JackYaz.
How to implement it ?
Need to wait an update of the Addon ?
Thks

How to implement it ?
Need to wait an update of the Addon ?
Thks
After @JackYaz merges all my changes into his 'develop' branch, you can switch from the current 1.0.5 master branch to the updated develop branch using the following command:
Bash:
Or, you can wait until @JackYaz decides to make an official 1.0.6 master release.

After @JackYaz merges all my changes into his 'develop' branch, you can switch from the current 1.0.5 master branch to the updated develop branch using the following command:
Bash:
Or, you can wait until @JackYaz decides to make an official 1.0.6 master release.
Ok thks
I used /jffs/scripts/YazDHCP develop
Right now should restart the router i think ?!

Ok thks
I used /jffs/scripts/YazDHCP develop
Right now should restart the router i think ?!
My most recent changes have *not* yet been merged into the develop branch (I submitted the changes to the PR about 3 hours ago), so you need to wait until @JackYaz has the time to review the changes and then actually merge the new code.

After that happens, and only then, can you update the version of the develop branch you currently have installed with the following command:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/YazDHCP forceupdate

My most recent changes have *not* yet been merged into the develop branch (I submitted the changes to the PR about 3 hours ago), so you need to wait until @JackYaz has the time to review the changes and then actually merge the new code.

After that happens, and only then, can you update the version of the develop branch you currently have installed with the following command:
Bash:
Ok i will wait, but how to know when it's ok ?

Ok i will wait, but how to know when it's ok ?
Once I get a notification that the new code changes have been merged, usually (within 24 hours or when time permits) I make a post on the pertinent thread to let people know about it, in case they want to check out the new changes/additions.

@Martinski thanks for this useful enhancement to the @Jack Yaz original blockbuster!

I did the forceupdate on the develop branch and can see and use the new GUI buttons etc.

New backups seem to be being stored in /jffs/configs/SavedUserIcons, as per the new (?) cli default.

However, if I try and do a restore from the GUI, it's only showing me the list of my "old" backups from /opt/var/SavedUserIcons??

Is this an error or how can I fix this please?

Edit: Tried clearing browser cache but that didn't fix anything.

Last edited:
So, I just updated the v1.0.6 using /jffs/scripts/YazDHCP develop (see above, those update methods did not work.

When clicking "Backup Icons" it saves icons to the router. Is there a way to save the icons to my PC similar to the way "Export to CSV" works?

So, I just updated the v1.0.6 using /jffs/scripts/YazDHCP develop (see above, those update methods did not work.

When clicking "Backup Icons" it saves icons to the router. Is there a way to save the icons to my PC similar to the way "Export to CSV" works?
Yes well working without rebooting router.
Time to go to bed right now in France, but I will test that tomorrow.

Thank you very much for improvements

New backups seem to be being stored in /jffs/configs/SavedUserIcons, as per the new (?) cli default.

However, if I try and do a restore from the GUI, it's only showing me the list of my "old" backups from /opt/var/SavedUserIcons??

Is this an error or how can I fix this please?
Yes, it's an error. Good find!

I've already found & fixed the problem. A GitHub PR has been submitted to @JackYaz. After the changes are merged into his 'develop' branch, you can update your own develop version with the following command:
Bash:

Thanks for testing & providing feedback.

Here are some notes & caveats to be aware of when using the new "Back up & Restore custom user icons" functionality.

1) The current implementation of the "Back up & Restore" of custom user icons does *not* export to or import from an external PC or some other network client connected to the router. Instead, it targets a directory available either on the router's JFFS partition or in a USB-attached disk drive. This target directory where the subdirectory for backups is created can be modified using the CLI menu (see note #3 below).

2) The CLI main menu option "2" (see screenshot below) for the "Back up & Restore" functionality will show up only if there is at least one custom user icon file found in the "/jffs/usericon" directory, or if at least one backup file is found in the directory path defined for backups. If neither of those 2 conditions is met, option "2" will *not* show up in the main menu.

YazDHCP_Backup&RestoreIcons_CLI_Menu#1.jpg

3) To start using the "Back up & Restore custom user icons" feature, it's highly recommended that you first set the target directory where the subdirectory for backups is to be located (see menu option "dp" in the screenshot below). For the backups subdirectory to survive a "Factory Defaults Reset" of the router, it's therefore recommended to use a directory path located on a disk drive plugged into one of the router's USB ports. You don't need to have Entware installed on the USB-attached disk; you can simply have a USB disk drive formatted with either NTFS or ext4 to use as storage for the backup files (see the examples shown in the screenshots below).

YazDHCP_Backup&RestoreIcons_CLI_Menu#2.jpg

YazDHCP_Backup&RestoreIcons_CLI_Menu#3.jpg

4) The maximum number of backup files to keep defaults to 20. You can change this default via the "mx" option in the CLI menu (minimum is 5, maximum is 50).

That's all for now.

Time to go to bed right now in France, but I will test that tomorrow.
I'd suggest waiting for the fix to be available (see post #311 above) before you begin testing. This way you won't be dealing with some issues that may already be fixed.

Just waiting for @Jack Yaz to approve and merge the changes and I'll re-test and confirm.
Just got notification that @Jack Yaz had merged the changes into develop branch.
I've updated and looks like it's now working as expected.