What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shouldn't be a problem.

v4.0.1 is now available
Changelog:
Code:
Add SSID to table header
I've said it before: this forum is so freakin' awesome! You make a suggestion and within hours you get a response and often your suggestion is approved, sometimes declined with an explanation why not. Nevertheless, a big thanks to all you script writers out there, and of course @RMerlin , mr maestro himself, making all of this possible! I am deeply impressed with all your work and effort you guys put in to making our routers better than they orginally were!

Is anyone else having problems with the WebUI not surviving a reboot?

Works fine for me after the install, after I hit 'u' twice, but when I reboot the YazFi tab no longer appears in the guest network menu.

If I go to a shell, it still seems to be operating fine behind the scenes...?

On 384.15 on an AX88U, I've tried installing both through amtm and from the command line, a couple of times each way.

Is anyone else having problems with the WebUI not surviving a reboot?

Works fine for me after the install, after I hit 'u' twice, but when I reboot the YazFi tab no longer appears in the guest network menu.

If I go to a shell, it still seems to be operating fine behind the scenes...?

On 384.15 on an AX88U, I've tried installing both through amtm and from the command line, a couple of times each way.

Same here, WebUI doesn't survive reboot. Only YazFi tab with apply button visible but nothing else. If I use ssh and chose apply settings the WebUI appears. (AC86U)

Same here, WebUI doesn't survive reboot. Only YazFi tab with apply button visible but nothing else. If I use ssh and chose apply settings the WebUI appears. (AC86U)
That sounds like something is erroring in the browser. Are you waiting until YazFi has run as per syslog? There's a 60 second delay, so if you visit the page too soon, the config symlinking won't exist.

That sounds like something is erroring in the browser. Are you waiting until YazFi has run as per syslog? There's a 60 second delay, so if you visit the page too soon, the config symlinking won't exist.

Yes, after about 60 seconds the YazFi tab appears in the guest network menu but there is only an apply button and nothing else. I also have the NextDNS client installed but nothing else.

Yes, after about 60 seconds the YazFi tab appears in the guest network menu but there is only an apply button and nothing else. I also have the NextDNS client installed but nothing else.
Can you please check for any console errors in the browser?

That gives me enough to start investigating. For some reason the symlink isn't being created (which is strange because applying settings manually is no different to the on boot run)

Thanks, let me know if there is anything else I can do to provide more debug info!

I think part of my confusion was that after installing, the YazFi tab was in the Guest Network menu even if I didn't yet have a guest network set up / enabled in the guest network tab. After reboot the YazFi tab would disappear. Looking at the syslog, it seems that YazFi won't put that tab there / give me the "Mounting YazFi WebUI page as user2.asp" on reboot unless I've actually enabled a Guest Network? At least that's how it's currently working on my system.

Installed YazFi, tab was there. Rebooted, tab was gone (even after waited to be sure it was launched in the system log). Enabled Guest Network 1 in the Guest Network tab, rebooted, YazFi tab was there.

Maybe this is all expected behavior? I think it may be a bit confusing if you install it and plan on setting up a guest network through the WebUI later on though.

YazFi tells the wireless driver to deauth all connections, which should make the cameras reconnect and get a new ip. If you ping the cameras while YazFi is running, do you see it drop?

Jack do you have any thoughts on how to set the DHCP lease time to 120s on boot, then back after a time period?

I was thinking of modifying the dnsmasq.postconf script with the following:
Code:
pc-append local=/RT-AC87U/
pc-append dhcp-range=lan,192.168.1.2,192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,120s
pc-append sleep 600
pc-append dhcp-range=lan,192.168.1.2,192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,86400s

I don't know if the Dnsmasq.postconf script is the right place to try doing this. I am guessing that it gets called too late in the boot process to catch the issues I'm having with my cameras.

I'm also okay with blocking all DHCP until everything is booted up...but I don't know where to do that either :(

Jack do you have any thoughts on how to set the DHCP lease time to 120s on boot, then back after a time period?

I was thinking of modifying the dnsmasq.postconf script with the following:
Code:
pc-append local=/RT-AC87U/
pc-append dhcp-range=lan,192.168.1.2,192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,120s
pc-append sleep 600
pc-append dhcp-range=lan,192.168.1.2,192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,86400s

I don't know if the Dnsmasq.postconf script is the right place to try doing this. I am guessing that it gets called too late in the boot process to catch the issues I'm having with my cameras.

I'm also okay with blocking all DHCP until everything is booted up...but I don't know where to do that either :(
I'm concerned that your devices are ignoring a de-auth from the wireless network, to be honest! dnsmasq.postconf would be the place to do it, it will run whenever dnsmasq (responsible for DNS and DHCP) starts

I'm concerned that your devices are ignoring a de-auth from the wireless network, to be honest! dnsmasq.postconf would be the place to do it, it will run whenever dnsmasq (responsible for DNS and DHCP) starts
They seem to respond if they are properly addressed, I'm not sure why they hang on to the original lease. I've done a factory reset on the devices so they don't "know" about the primary network. I'll do more experimenting and report back.

Thanks for your help!

upload_2020-2-23_11-12-40.png

And indeed I have no YazFi_www.asp in the directory, so when I click on the YazFi tab all I get is a 404 error.

I haven't tried, but is it possible to set up a 2.5 & 5 with the same SSID and use Smart Connect so that I could give guests 1 SSID and 1 password to setup their device? Or would this break something

So I have a question:

I have a router and AP setup in my home where the guest wifi is enabled on both with the same SSID and PW.

Since Yazfi only works on the router, I am trying to hypothesize a network diagram of whether it would still route traffic through the VPN if one connected to the guest wifi on the AP. Thoughts?

Currently I am at work, and I will want to test this at home later. But I wanted to check and see if anyone has already successfully or unsuccessfully tested this before.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!